WRC Generations WRC Generations DLSS and triple screen

Fleskebacon

Premium
Just thought I'd drop a few tricks that has helped me tremendously in enjoying WRC-G, now that the new EA Sports WRC is right around the corner:

1. DLSS
Using Nvidia DLSS in quality mode makes the game run very smooth, and if you replace the existing nvngx_dlss.dll (which is version 2.4.13) with a new version 2.5.1, the DLSS is much, MUCH better. Even if it blurs the image a bit, it's still the best option for me. No problem running 3x 1080p on high preset with an RTX2070. It also provides the best anti aliasing the game has to offer. But it is essential to update to DLSS v2.5.1, to minimise the bluriness that DLSS inevitably introduces.

Edit: You can even use the newest version 3.5.0, but I can't see that it adds very much fidelity.

2. Triple screen setup
For triples, use Nvidia surround with a bezel corrected resolution. For me the game runs best in fullscreen (not borderless) 60Hz vsync. It might be necessary to set driver refresh to 60Hz, or it might not. But the game must run in 60Hz vsync to be smooth. I have heard it also runs smooth in 120Hz vsync, but my setup isn't capable of sustaining 120 fps, so I don't know.

I use Reshade with the "perfect perspective" filter to compensate for the lack of triple monitor support. I set the cockpit camera fov as low as possible (-20), adjust the tilt so it looks level (0.8 for me) and generally move the camera as far forward and as low as allowed. I also apply the Reshade "curves" filter to make the colours a bit more dynamic and less flat.

The perfect perspective filter will be a compromise, but it gives you more correct geometry. I set the background black, 105 deg horizontal fov, 0.0 or -0.25 distortion and between 0.1 and 0.2 zoom. This results in a fairly correct triple screen for my setup, but it's a compromise, so YMMV.

You will never be able to fill three screens and still have reasonably correct geometry, that's the one thing of the compromise you'll just have to accept. Another part of it is that the centre monitor will be a bit distorted when showing menus etc. You can always map a hotkey to enable/disable the filter quickly if it bugs you, but I don't mind it. If you adjust the zoom correctly you will be able to fit all menu items on the screen without much hassle.

Hopefully this approach will work just as nice on the upcoming EA WRC, as that won't have triple monitor support either.

Last edited:
Hey guys, check this out (courtesy of Rivanov over at GT Planet): :)

View attachment 701326
I like the last part of the sentence, after being disappointed by the initial bragging about "triple screen support" really only being "ultrawide support". DR2 is however pretty decent with ReShade Perfect Perspective, much better than WRC-G, because of the rendering geometry. I guess WRC23 will be similar. But a rally game with proper triple monitor rendering... That's gonna be epic!

I have tweaked my settings for WRC-G again, ditching DLSS and lowering the graphics settings to medium. It's a decent trade, compared to running DLSS and high. But it's always nice having multiple options that work almost equally good, but with different trade-offs.

For the Perfect Perspective settings, I have also discovered that using the UIMask shader is magic. It can mask the centre monitor entirely, leaving it untouched from distortion. And with proper settings, the transition to side monitors are natural and have good geometry. Also, having the centre monitor untouched not only benefits menus, but I think the overall geometry looks better without the distortion from Perfect Perspective.

I have now set diagonal fov=110 deg, pantomorphic_mode=0, 'k'=0.50, 's'=1 and cropping=0.150. I'm no expert at this, so I'm basically just playing around and testing things to find settings that look correct for my setup. And this is probably the best settings I have found so far.

The announcement of WRC23 made me look back at all rally games, but hopefully I will not have to look back anymore when it arrives. I still like the physics and stage design of WRC-G over DR2, can there be one rally game to rule them all? We'll see.

I like the last part of the sentence, after being disappointed by the initial bragging about "triple screen support" really only being "ultrawide support". DR2 is however pretty decent with ReShade Perfect Perspective, much better than WRC-G, because of the rendering geometry. I guess WRC23 will be similar. But a rally game with proper triple monitor rendering... That's gonna be epic!

I have tweaked my settings for WRC-G again, ditching DLSS and lowering the graphics settings to medium. It's a decent trade, compared to running DLSS and high. But it's always nice having multiple options that work almost equally good, but with different trade-offs.

For the Perfect Perspective settings, I have also discovered that using the UIMask shader is magic. It can mask the centre monitor entirely, leaving it untouched from distortion. And with proper settings, the transition to side monitors are natural and have good geometry. Also, having the centre monitor untouched not only benefits menus, but I think the overall geometry looks better without the distortion from Perfect Perspective.

I have now set diagonal fov=110 deg, pantomorphic_mode=0, 'k'=0.50, 's'=1 and cropping=0.150. I'm no expert at this, so I'm basically just playing around and testing things to find settings that look correct for my setup. And this is probably the best settings I have found so far.

The announcement of WRC23 made me look back at all rally games, but hopefully I will not have to look back anymore when it arrives. I still like the physics and stage design of WRC-G over DR2, can there be one rally game to rule them all? We'll see.
Some clarifications, where can I get the UIMask shader? Installed Reshade 5.9.2.2 but it didn't have it.
Also, where do you enter 'k'=0.5 and 's'=1 values?

The new DLSS files can be downloaded from the web, just search for "dlss files download. Then find and replace the existing nvngx_dlss.dll with the newer version.

The UIMask shader comes with ReShade, but you have to make your own UIMask.png file, which defines which parts of the screen that should be "masked". There are several "how to"-tutorials out there much more comprehensive than what I can write down. Just search for "reshade uimask how to" or something similar. :)

The K and S values go into the Perfect Perspective shader, but they're not essential. Once you have ReShade, UIMask and Perfect Perspective up and running, just play with the perspective settings to suit your monitor setup.

The new DLSS files can be downloaded from the web, just search for "dlss files download. Then find and replace the existing nvngx_dlss.dll with the newer version.

The UIMask shader comes with ReShade, but you have to make your own UIMask.png file, which defines which parts of the screen that should be "masked". There are several "how to"-tutorials out there much more comprehensive than what I can write down. Just search for "reshade uimask how to" or something similar. :)

The K and S values go into the Perfect Perspective shader, but they're not essential. Once you have ReShade, UIMask and Perfect Perspective up and running, just play with the perspective settings to suit your monitor setup.
can't you give all the file I use triple 27", and if you have already did it, for dirt rally 2.0 as priority

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea