Worth getting ?

I'm getting a bit bored with the modern sims f12019 and get sport on the PS4. Wondering if it's worth getting this game if I haven't got a wheel and how it compares to the modern sims graphics wise etc ?

I'd say it's definitely worth it. The graphics have been continually updates by people through the years. See the HQ Mods or the 10th Anniversary Patch. I, personally, have been working on getting the FFB up to (my) modern standards. Tonnes and tonnes of mods here on RD and elsewhere on the web.

Check out some recent Billy Strange GTR2 videos for an idea of what you'd be getting into.

Can't speak for playing with a controller. It's great fun with a wheel I'd totally recommend getting any wheel to start. Start with a G27/G29 if you're not sure about it.

I'd recommend purchasing it as part of the SimBin Mega Bundle available in many places as you'll get GTR1 and Race 07 plus a whole bunch of addons to give you a lot of content to play through.

Should GTR2 be more expensive than it is nowadays on Steam ... I'd understand your doubts. ;) ( 5,99€ in Belgium )

Now ... the question of not having a wheel ... surely the same answer for all racing games: always much better with a wheel ... but really possible with a game pad if you're used to it ( the only time I tried at the beginning .... it was broken after a few hours ! ... as I never used one before. :D )

For graphics ... of course a dx9 2006 game compared to a dx11 2020 game ... will surely not be the same ... but with a bit work on it with all graphic improvements possible, that's already very good ..... but surely not the actual level.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.