world coordinates of tracks

Could somebody please teach me how to know the world coordinates of a track? I have to use a car position in a track. I know that we can easily know that as "u" in log files, although log files in old version (v0.5.4.3 for Mac) does not have "u" in it. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your consideration, Dave.

I would like to know the lateral position of car on the track. I'm using a track where there are two lanes divided by a yellow center line, and I would like to measure deviations from the center lane during driving. The track was downloaded via internet (http://www.xtremeracers.info/web/in...&Itemid=63&view=viewdownload&catid=20&cid=872).

The lateral position of car could be obtained as an index "u," if you used newer version of Racer. However, there is an error in back ground scenery, and I could not find the way to fix it. Also, there is nice smoke in newer version, although I would like to remove the smoke effect (I also don't know how to fix it). Attached figures are instances (upper for back ground, lower for smoke). Therefore, I gave up using new one and am looking for the way to calculate deviation by using both car position in world coordinate and that of center line of the track.

Shun
shadow1.png
smoke1.png

Dear Stereo,

thank you so much for providing the information. But...could you please give more information of that? Usage of Carlswood one is fine for my aim. But I don't know which files I should move to which directory...

Shun

From \data\tracks\carlswood_nt
sky_clouds.tga
sky_night.tga
sky.dof

Copy those to the new track folder, then in the new track, open track.shd and add or replace:
Code:
vf_sky
{
  vertex_shader
  {
    ;file=sky_daynight_v.cg
    file=sky_v.cg
  }
  fragment_shader
  {
    ;file=sky_daynight_f.cg
    file=sky_f.cg
  }
}

shader_sky~vf_sky
{
  sky=1
  cull=none
  compression=0
  layer0
  {
    map=sky_clouds.tga
    depthwrite=0
    depthfunc=always
  }
  layer1
  {
    map=sky_night.tga
    depthwrite=0
    depthfunc=always
  }
}
(if the 'shader_sky' section exists replace it)

and in the new track's geometry.ini add/replace
Code:
  sky01
  {
    file=sky.dof
    flags=0
  }
You can open the geometry.ini of Carlswood to see where it goes if you need to.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.