With the Crewchief VR being so good, why didn't Reiza do it...

...back in the day and sell it as DLC?

I get they may have wanted to push people to AMS2 and would have been thinking VR is a selling point to do that but good lord the Crewchief VR in AMS1 is soooooo good. My RTX 2070 Super combined with a 6700K is less than half in the steam performance graph when using the HTC Cosmos and that's at 130% per eyes steam super sample and 10 AI cars on the track. Not just that but the driving is better and tbh the graphics aren't that far behind AMS2. Reiza could've sold a VR adaption as a £10 DLC and just update the crowds whilst keeping performance under check and the odd thing or two and it would be an awesome package.

After spending a few hours with AMS I've come to the conclusion that's the rfactor engine is one heck of an engine as the driving manners of AMS 1 is fantastic. And to be honest the graphics aren't that far behind AMS2 when it comes to clear daytime racing. Easy to use dedi server, easy lan, easy triple screen support, easy wheel support, auto buttkicker support and out of the box the brakes work great and the FFB is informative and the Formula cars are just great. I know the Crewchief guys are sticking with GTR2 for future VR stuff, bah...nevertheless thanks guys!

Just had to get this off my chest. I'll see myself out...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.