Wireless Headsets

• Thread starter Deleted member 1234936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1234936

• Deleted member 1234936

As the title suggests, Wireless Headsets, are people using them?

Are they good enough for sim racing?

Model Recommendations?

J

Steel series Arctis 1 Wireless. Uses a RF dongle and not bluetooth which gives better latency. The USB is type c and will fit android phone and nintendo if you want to move them around.

The more expensive version can also separate gaming noise and voice so you can drop teamspeak/discord to listen for footsteps (in COD etc)

I bought a Corsair Void Elite Wireless a few weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it. Up until now, it's the best wireless headset that I've used

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1234936

Thankyou for taking the time to respond :)

I shall research both models.

J

Sorry to hijack this a little but I am new to PC gaming, if you plug in the USB dongle does this automatically cut off the soundcard output sockets or the PC case headphone sockets?

Reason I ask is I want to maintain a dedicated sound output while using headphones to provide a signal for my buttkicker

Sorry to hijack this a little but I am new to PC gaming, if you plug in the USB dongle does this automatically cut off the soundcard output sockets or the PC case headphone sockets?

Reason I ask is I want to maintain a dedicated sound output while using headphones to provide a signal for my buttkicker
No, all soundcards will be active at the same time.
In windows you select a "default device" where all system sounds, Spotify, Chrome etc automatically switch to.

Then you have applications that let you select the sound output device. Assetto corsa for example.

If you unplug the cable from onboard Realtek cards, they will shut off. But that shouldn't be important for you.

So as long as the applications that are planned to send something to the buttkicker can select a sound device (I think all can do this!), you're good :)

Jfyi to prove my point:
I have the Realtek onboard active with a dummy plug to send background recordings to it while listening to something else.
(recording a replay in windowed mode via obs while doing something else).

I then have a focusrite studio usb interface with microphone and main speakers plugged into that.

Then my TV via hdmi, which becomes another sound device when I switch it on.

And lastly I have a Bluetooth stick that shows up as a separate audio device for when I want to walk around with my Bluetooth headphones.

As @RasmusP says, I have my green audio plug going to my amp that feeds from simhub where you can choose the audio source for output. ACC the same and I choose the steel series BUT for crewchief it follows the primary audio so you need to set the steelseries to primary but after that all works great and lag free with rf wireless audio

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.