Windows 10 issues - new intall

Upgraded to Windows 10 since Assetto Corsa Competizione needed it. Installed Automobilista also - no mods. Game is very very very slow to start(talking like 4 mintes - appears as 'not responding' in task manager but eventually starts) . It freezes a lot in the menus. Tried running in Windows 8 compatibility mode - did not help. Read in some posts that maybe unchecking 'check for xinput devices' might fix this, but its greyed out in the game. Game ran fine on the same PC with windows 8.1 . Any suggestions?

Running a Geforce 970 GPU.

I've been playing AMS on W7 and W10. I've never had this kind of issue.
The only known problem with W10 is the anti aliasing (only with an nVidia GPU I believe) which forces you to set up a special value with NVInspector.

Game is running flawlessly on my PC in W10.

You GPU is perfectly capable.
Did you try with no USB device plugged in (no wheel/pedals/button box) ? Though I have multiple dongles, a joystick, pedals, shifter and wheel and I've never had any problem on that side either.

Last edited:
Honestly, if I'd be you and my PC would be running fine besides AMS I would refrain from reinstalling my entire system. Are other games playing well (maybe try to find another old/Direct9 game that you would own)?

You could check Windows' Eventviewer for issues and alerts. That would be my next step.

I have issues that sound somewhat similar to @LibertasLiber but they aren't game-breaking. The game, on first launch, takes its sweet time to launch, but from what I've heard from others, this isn't an uncommon issue. But the delay isn't anything 4 minutes for me or other people I've heard about. Also, when switching series in the main menu, it does lock up for a few seconds (while loading the settings and whatever into memory, I guess). But once racing, the game runs normally, for me. Is this consistent with your experience, @LibertasLiber, or are your issues more serious and game-breaking?

my AMS takes about 45 seconds to load, installed on SSD, at 400-500MB/s. Subsequent loads in the same session are slightly quicker. I have mods too.
The game will take a lot longer to load if installed on a regular HD.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea