Will you buy a RTX 3070?

Untitled.jpg

Admit the 3070 is pretty impressive value, well if you can actually buy it that is.
Now wondering what the Radeon 6800 will deliver in tomorrows announcement. If its say $549 and is significantly faster than the 3070 and has alot more Vram its going to make the 3070 look pretty silly at $499. If that happens Nvidia may just drop the 3070 price on Thursday to $449, at which point that's a pretty awesome value card right. The card all gamers will want probably. That's the real reason they delayed the cards launch after AMD announcement I assume.

At this point selling my 2080ti would be a waste of time, might as well use it till it stops working, Can hear the sound of money going down the drain.

Well, it didn't take long for the 3070 to disappear.....
signed up for an eVGA FTW3 Ultra $610 but some say it's overpriced....
no problem, the RX 6800 is around the corner.... we'll see

Well, no problem getting an RTX 3070 . . . if you are okay with rewarding scalpers with a tidy 100%+ profit. LOL. Plenty of scalpers getting it done though. Perhaps I should rethink my career path. :p

So much for a better launch than the 3080/3090 series. We'll see how AMD manages to get on with their launch but, may be the better option to get a new gen card for something less than $1000, maybe.

Availability of the 3070 (scan.co.uk)
3070.jpg

Golden Week is a national holiday in China. This year it runs from 1st – 7th October. As production of 30 Series GPUs is all based in this region it means that the factories producing GPUs for the brands are closed during the holiday. As RTX 30 Series is still in very early production this has led to a reduction in the number of GPUs being produced for a short period of time. We will see this as reduced deliveries in the week commencing 12th October (the week after Golden Week). After this we then expect the ramp up of stock to be much steeper than we have seen so far.

I ordered a 3070 MSI Gaming X Trio 2 days ago. Expected delivery between 23-30 nov. As of yesterday there where 16 orders on 50 incoming cards so barring any unforeseen events I'm finally getting a card. Been waiting since launch day on a 3080 but a 3070 will serve me just fine me thinks.

Edit: Ordered from Proshop.
Edit 2: Canceled the 3070. Gonna wait for the 3080 or maybe buy a 6800 XT if it's in the 3080 territory, has proper drivers and is available before the 3080.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I managed to secure an MSI 3070 Gaming X Trio.
I'm in the process of buying three 27" 1440P/144 Hz displays (Ugly X27i's with the RGB light strip) and I will do a YouTube video reviewing how well the card can handle 3x1440P/144Hz.
I'll benchmark ACC, rF2, iRacing, AC, AMS2 and R3E using a full grid on a "newer" track and use a replay feature to test it.
I'll then find the best settings to reach 80+ FPS average and give an evaluation on whether those settings are "playable" IMO.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 52 34.2%