Will we ever get an Albert Park track?

Hello my wishing friend.

Albert Park?
Why?
That's the problem. Many people want all racing games to contain the same race tracks.
Plus, it's always the same cars. I know that sounds like an exaggeration at first reading and I would also like to have LeMans in AMS2.
But since LeMans doesn't exist in my favorite configuration, I'm taking the track in Assetto Corsa.
Only the AI in AMS2 at 100% for strength and aggression is a lot more combative than in AC, but even there you can have good races against the AI if you give it the space.
But it's not just in sim racing that everyone wants the same content in all games.
Sci-fi same thing.
No matter which game you choose, there is always the question of mods from Star Trek Wars or Galactica. There are games with exactly the content you want.
Except Galactica. Possibly as a mod.
So why don't people play the game that meets their own wishes, or where there are already mods that meet their own wishes?
There are plenty of alternatives. Especially in sim racing.
I know of 4 games, if you take out the F1 games, where exactly this track occurs.
Assetto Corsa, RFactor, GT Legends, GTR2. At least as a mod.
Except for the older ones, there's nothing wrong with the optics. Sure, Assetto is the first choice if you want to make everything look super bombastically great because ultimately you're only interested in still images and videos. Then you also need a Cray calculator.
If you're just interested in driving, all sim racing games differ by a thousandth.
After all, it doesn't matter whether the tree is there or the advertising board looks the same, as long as the route has been laser scanned. Because that's exactly where you drive.
In addition, it is completely irrelevant whether the audience or stewards are standing there waving or standing statically, the flowers on the side of the road are moving, the raindrop is running along the edge of the car with precision to the millimeter.
I don't do sightseeing on the computer.
I can remember a mod where a single gang that was missing in the game was added to the Nürburgring.
I begrudge the modder his 5 star mod, but people it's just an advertising band.
I could be wrong, but when I really started with AMS2 and adjusted my steering wheel and VR-glasses, I didn't have the feeling that, for example, Spa in Assetto Corsa in the Porsche 911 drove any differently than in AMS2.
I was able to immediately implement my knowledge and “skills” 1:1.
Even the setup stayed the same. Only the original Grand Prix Legends drives differently.
You really have to learn how to drive an F1 cigar to have a lot of fun.
In addition, the damage model is quite meticulous. When the drive shaft of the person in front of you flies away and suddenly turns and you have to decide left or right at lightning speed at 260 km/h. But that is a completely different chapter of sim racing history.
So no. I don't think Albert Park is a must.
This is my personal opinion.
Which everyone should respect because I also respect other people's opinions.
You only get respect through respect.

I wish you a peaceful and contemplative Christmas with the family

J.J. McClure

Of course, you can get other games with every Curcuit, but AMS 2 has an important status, especially for single players. And you can hardly find a halfway up-to-date game with this scope or options. Racing against the AI is very unsatisfying in many other games. If AC came even close to AMS2 here, that would be a milestone, or AMS2 basically allows modding, then nothing more would be desired.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.