Will lowering your hz improve performance?

Hi,
I currently run acc on triples on a 5year old pc with updayed gpu (rtx2070). Monitors are 27inch full hd with 60hz.
I might switch to triples 32 inch full hd 144hz.
But my system will never be able to run it at 144hz.
With low to medium settings in acc the steamfpscounter says it is around 85/90fps mostly.
Will it run smoothly if i tone those 144hz screens down to 90hz or 100hz? Or is that not an option?
I run ghostrecon wildlands at 57fps. Will that run smoothly as well on these toned down settings? Or does it simply not work that way?

Thnx in advance,

Tim

More hz is always a smoother image, no need to tone down the hz setting of your screen. The hz setting of your screen has no effect on the fps, hz only has influence on how many of these fps you are able to see. hz = refresh rate of your screen that is how many pictures per second are shown on your monitor, fps = how many pictures per second your graphics card produces.

If hz is higher than fps -> you see the same frame multiple times
If hz is lower than fps -> you miss some frames

Upvote 0
More hz is always a smoother image, no need to tone down the hz setting of your screen. The hz setting of your screen has no effect on the fps, hz only has influence on how many of these fps you are able to see. hz = refresh rate of your screen that is how many pictures per second are shown on your monitor, fps = how many pictures per second your graphics card produces.

If hz is higher than fps -> you see the same frame multiple times
If hz is lower than fps -> you miss some frames
Well explained! Thnx. Sorry for the double posting.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea