Why does the hardware section need for new threads to be approved?

Why does the hardware section need new threads to be approved? So we can create any sort of millions of threads about sim racing in any other thread (eg, GTR 2 thread, Assetto Corsa thread, etc.) with no approval necessary but if you try posting a new thread in the hardware section, watch out! Gotta get that thread approved first! Like....Why?????

I can MAYBE understand the buy/sell thread in case people try to sell things like scams, or post the same thread repetitively, that's different because it's dealing with buying, selling, trading, money, etc. But why does the other hardware section need approval? I need to get approval just because I created a thread discussing buttkickers or about a new cockpit seat mover? What's the point? Where's the logic? Why not have every thread on the website need approval then?

Last edited:
As I believe I explained before to you, it's an algorithm, it isn't only the hardware section that ends up in the approval queue.
Something triggered it so it's checked before becoming public.

As I believe I explained before to you, it's an algorithm, it isn't only the hardware section that ends up in the approval queue.
Something triggered it so it's checked before becoming public.
Nothing's triggered this algorithm in my almost-9-years of being on RD. That's a lot of threads. Now, all of a sudden, 2 of my last 4 or 5 topics have done so yet the only 2 that did so are also the only 2 that I made in the hardware section. Those all can't be coincidences. Chances would be better winning the lottery. And the first topic that needed approval was simply asking about which racing games work with VR. There's nothing hateful, negative, or any thing about that thread that I could imagine would trigger the algorithm unlss the algorithm simply doesn't like regular discussion about racing games and hardware. Sorry, I don't buy your explanation.

Well I'm sorry but I don't have any other for you, maybe it's got stricter lately or randomly selects some posts as well.
Nobody is going over every post and targeting you and 2 out of 1296 posts surely isn't the end of the world.
I don't think it's targeting me. As I've been saying this whole time, there's no way it's just coincidence. The numbers don't add up. If you seriously logically think about it - use critical thinking - then there's no way this just a coincidence. It just started happening all of a sudden and it also only ever happens with threads in the Hardware section? No way it's just a coincidence. I think it's got something to do with the hardware section.

Well, I just did a test. Created another thread in the hardware section. Again, a very simple thread and message, there's nothing I believe that could be flagged and, yet again, the thread is waiting for approval.

Threads started in hardware section: 3
Of those 3 how many flagged for approval: 3
That's 100% success in being flagged

Meanwhile out of all the threads I posted outside the hardware section (not many, around 1-3), guess how many needed approval? 0

Still think it's just a coincidence? Clearly it has something to do with the hardware section.

I believe Bram's experience was that far too many threads in the hardware section were breaking one or more rules... (Often, people were trying to sell stuff there.)

Jep, classifieds should be posted in the marketplace forums. So instead of having to clean up a lot of posts in the hardware section (advertising, classifieds, etc) we just keep them in moderation until they are manually approved.

Should normally not take more than a few minutes as we are pretty active :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.