Why Did They Make the Rennsport Beta Installation Steps So Clunky?

Like many others, I received my personal key for the closed Beta.

Tried installing it and was first asked to sign into my Apple or Google Account. (uhh...What if I don't have either?.....Luckily I do.) Trying Googlefirst, I get a message saying that I haven't linked a device to my Google account. But then the procedure to do that says that the only PC's you can link to are Chromebooks. Well, that's out for me.

OkeeDokee----Let me then try my Apple account instead. First thing it asks me to do is download an app to my phone or iPad.....WTH? .Really? I thought that I was installing Rennsport onto my PC, not to an Apple device.

Somewhere in my e-mail or a weblink, it references the Epic store for which you also need an account. (I've lost my username and p/w for that a long time ago after WRC and WRCG both laid an egg as far as I'm concerned.)

So what gives with jumping thru all these hoops? Do you want us to participate or not? At least 2 accounts plus a personal key are required to install BETA?. I'll bet that nuclear codes aren't this involved!

If installation is this complicated, I hate to see the UI!

I give up.....

Not to mention the 30-40 min install time (for me anyway). Must admit once it was all done everything else was a breeze for me. On track in 10 min doing laps.

I too, found it rather perplexing.
I thought it'd just be a case of downloading a .exe file...running it and then inputting a key.
After jumping through hoop after hoop with creating multiple passwords, it downloaded 23GB of unreal engine stuff.
That was followed by another 3.4 GB of Rennsport stuff.
I got to choose two cars. I chose the AUDI and the Porsche.
Though it runs nice on my computer, it should have been more streamlined with less headaches.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%