What's new lightning icon and "View more"

When you press the lightning icon in the upper right hand corner, it shows 10 new posts. When you want to see more you can click on the "View more" button, but then the same 10 new posts (starting from 1) are shown again. Can this be changed please so new posts 11 and following are shown when you click on "View more"? Saves unnecessary scrolling to new post 11.

Last edited:
When you press the lightning icon in the upper right hand corner, it shows 10 new posts. When you want to see more you can click on the "View more" button, but then the same 10 new posts (starting from 1) are shown again. Can this be changed please so new posts 11 and following are shown when you click on "View more"? Saves unnecessary scrolling to new post 11.
I must confess that this annoys me too.
The trivial "workaround" which I sometimes use is to go straight to the full list of new stuff by using the "Forums / New posts" button (see pic below), though that's an extra click.
I guess the nuclear option would be to make the lightning icon just do the same thing, since I don't think we can readily make it skip the first 10 posts when you hit "View more". @Bram Hengeveld - any thoughts?

Addendum: mmmm, I've just realised that the URL for the "View more" button (https://www.racedepartment.com/whats-new/posts/?skip=1) contains a "skip" parameter, which appears to be ignored. I wonder if this is a bug in Xenforo... Might need to dig a little there. Nope, sorry, red herring: "skip=1" means that it shows both read and unread posts, so in fact I now realise that the button in the pic doesn't do the same thing as "lightning + View more"... Sheesh.

1658085978244.png

Last edited:
the button in the pic doesn't do the same thing as "lightning + View more"
new post for clarity (rather than another edit): after hitting the button in my pic above, you can always hit the little "x" shown below to clear the unread-only filter.

1658086955585.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes