what are the best VR settings for a 2080ti and hpreverb?

ams2 settings.png

Give these a whirl, I have a 2070 super with a g2. I have the Virtual reality section set to pixel density of 1.0 and steam super sampling at 100% and no reprojection in the WMR suite in steam. Can't tell you the actual frames per second, but it's very smooth and has good frame timings. I've also got a reshade toolkit running as a test at the moment and find I get comprable IQ at 85% SS in steam and means I can have more headroom for either better visuals or more opponents on screen.

I dont have a G2 (valve index) but am way below your settings on my 2070 super. I have to run 80hz, subsample down in the 80s% and also FOV reduced to get anything like stable frame rates with medium MSAA and medium/low for everything else!

I must be super sensitive to reprojection or frame drops or something as yours must look 10x better than mine!

Out of interest how come render 4 frames ahead? Does the 2070 super really have headroom for that?

I dont have a G2 (valve index) but am way below your settings on my 2070 super. I have to run 80hz, subsample down in the 80s% and also FOV reduced to get anything like stable frame rates with medium MSAA and medium/low for everything else!

I must be super sensitive to reprojection or frame drops or something as yours must look 10x better than mine!

Out of interest how come render 4 frames ahead? Does the 2070 super really have headroom for that?
Seems to handle it fine, AMS2 seems the best optimised sim for VR far more so than ACC. I was running the latest DLC with a full grid at laguna seca and it was very smooth and no stutters that I coud decern. It's taken a lot of fiddling about in Nvidia control panel too to get it where I'm happy with it though.

• Deleted member 197115

Extra Prerendered frames is CPU work, not GPU. Not sure you really need 4, that can add pretty big latency.

Extra Prerendered frames is CPU work, not GPU. Not sure you really need 4, that can add pretty big latency.
It works for me, no latency issues though with how Nvidia drops hot garbage in the way of VR performance for the 20 series cards that may change. I'm still running 457.30 as the latest drivers bring on a case of the blue screen when accessing steams menu.

• Deleted member 197115

It works for me, no latency issues though with how Nvidia drops hot garbage in the way of VR performance for the 20 series cards that may change. I'm still running 457.30 as the latest drivers bring on a case of the blue screen when accessing steams menu.
It might be overridden by NVidia Virtual Reality prerendered frames unless you set it to Application Controlled.

It might be overridden by NVidia Virtual Reality prerendered frames unless you set it to Application Controlled.
They're set the same in the application and NCP as I have different profiles for ams2, acc, ac and my flight sims too. They all play differently with NCP settings, there's no one stop default to get the best balance of quality/perfomance. Especially with AC's cpu occupancy when under extra loads.

• Deleted member 197115

Your CPU works harder and rendered image will be behind by 4 frames, which at 90fps is 4 x 11.1 = 44.4ms. Not saying it doesn't help in GPU bound scenarios, just 4 frames might be overkill, usually it's 2-3, but you probably did your share of testing to prove that it's beneficial in your system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your CPU works harder and rendered image will be behind by 4 frames, which at 90fps is 4 x 11.1 = 44.4ms. Not saying it doesn't help in GPU bound scenarios, just 4 frames might be overkill, usually it's 2-3, but you probably did your share of testing to prove that it's beneficial in your system.
Interesting thank you! I might give 2 a try and see if that improves things for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.