VR Settings Quest 2 + payware mods, and TX-HW settings

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hi guys!

I haven’t sim raced since 2021 (I think), but I’ve bought a wheel again, and got my hands on a Quest 2 (have Rift CV1 from before). I did my first test session with new hardware yesterday (got my hands on the Thrustmaster TX-HW, had T500RS before this), and it was an amazing feeling.

To make this post short, I have the following questions;

1. Is there a “best video setting” or guide for Quest 2?
Picture was a big dark yesterday when testing, and exposure changes in-game did nothing. But will test more with different ppfilters today.

2. Is there a “best” TX-HW FFB setting or guide to find here or on the web? My T500RS was perfectly dialed in back in time. But AC and Content manager is freshly installed again. Old settings are gone.

3. I think I can find my way around on the web when downloading cars, tracks and other stuff.
Can you suggest some good payware mods from Patreon users? What are your favorite Patreon subscriptions?
I have almost every mod from RSS, handful of URD mods, DRM mod and maybe some other known mods, but haven’t raced or bought anything last 2-3 years.
Feel free to suggest and show me what I have missed.

Thanks in advance for all answers and feedback.

My specs:

i9 9900k + Corsair H110(something) cooling
RTX 3070
16GB RAM
850W PSU

There's a lot of crap out there on Patreon so beware. Its mainly ripped content or cars that have millions of polys (runs like crap in VR) and/or awful physics.

For cars I've found one - 101Creative who doesn't require a subscription for 'completed' cars, so you can look through the post pages and grab what you want for free. I don't think many of them are that great personally but there are some gems in there. Bear in mind all of these models are ripped from other games from what I've seen.

For tracks I can recommend Abulzz for his absolutely stellar Targa Florio.

I couldn't in good conscience recommend any other Patreon modders. There may be more reputable ones out there, hopefully others can mention them.

You should check out Virtual Racing Cars they are up there with RSS for quality, particularly in the last couple of years.

Also check out the 'thracing.de' website. They link to a bunch of really well made car packs that are free, such as AC Legends. A vast collection of fun cars there that tend to run rather well in VR in my experience.

Its very tempting to get all the cars you can but after doing this for years its quality > quantity for me now every time. There's already too many great cars to drive and not enough time in the day to do it between RSS, VRC, AC Legends, some URD, some Guerilla mods and highly rated stuff on this website.

Tracks are a more varied story. I personally don't mind ripped content from games I already own assuming they're not charging money for them. So I'd recommend Reboot Team's work.

Other than that google Breathe's track list. Its a google sheets thing that has a massive swathe of links to tracks. If you go on gtplanet website some supernerd (who I will forever be grateful for) has reviewed a large portion of them. Worth a peruse just to inspire you to try something new.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea