USB port powered when PC is off

Hi all, my PC does double duty as my flight sim PC as well as the driving rig. As I now have a very sophisticated setup using multiple Arduino and ESP32 microcontrollers to drive all the gauges, displays and whatnot, when I depower or restart the PC I also need the USB to disconnect the power. As it doesn't, I have pull the USB plug out every time I want to reset all the devices.

The PC has a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard running BIOS ver F9 . I have looked through the BIOS to see if there is an option to cut power to the USB ports when powering off, but I can't find one.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Les

Same problem with my Gigabyte z370/(1) of my arduinos although I have found the option in the bios to turn off power. No matter, that option seems to not work on specific arduinos for some reason. Cant remember the name of the setting that takes care of this.

I have 7 (I think) Arduinos. Shut down cuts power to all of them except one and it doesnt matter which USB port its plugged into. The same USB port that cuts power to every other Arduino, will see power still given to a specific Arduino.

Sorry no help but I will be watching this hopefully for a solution.

Hi all, my PC does double duty as my flight sim PC as well as the driving rig. As I now have a very sophisticated setup using multiple Arduino and ESP32 microcontrollers to drive all the gauges, displays and whatnot, when I depower or restart the PC I also need the USB to disconnect the power. As it doesn't, I have pull the USB plug out every time I want to reset all the devices.

The PC has a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard running BIOS ver F9 . I have looked through the BIOS to see if there is an option to cut power to the USB ports when powering off, but I can't find one.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Les
There should be an option in the Power section of the BIOS called ERP. Try setting it to Enabled, save and reboot. Then try a shutdown to see if the USB power is cut.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.