Upgrades and AI

I have a mod where I can select various options in the showroom. The default is a "sprint" setup or I can select an "endurance" setup with detuned engine etc. Is it possible to get the AI to take the same upgrades as you?

I have a mod where I can select various options in the showroom. The default is a "sprint" setup or I can select an "endurance" setup with detuned engine etc. Is it possible to get the AI to take the same upgrades as you?
I had a real problem with this when I re-packaged the NASCAR Xfinity mod. The original mod had separate engine .ini files for restrictor plates and normal engines. They were called out in the upgrades.ini file. But in my testing it wouldn't work. When I selected superspeeday the AI just ran away from me big time, it was clear they had the extra HP from the non-restrictor plate engine. That's why I packaged the mod with one engine file and then geared the transmission to the desired track performance via the upgrades.ini for the base setup, which worked out pretty well. Maybe someone has a better explanation or work-around.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.