Upgrade path

So, I'm sving up for the TR120, triple 4k monitor setup, 4080 pc build, moza R12 & Pedals, then delve into motion platform..... SFX.

I'm about 1 week away from having enough for the PC build, which I wasn't going to buy until I had enough for the rig etc, in hopes the prices come down a little bit. However, I'm thinking of another route, which those of experiences might sway a different choice of path for me.

I currently have Thrustmaster TX with the two standard pedals, with a 1080ti build, and an Acer Predator 27" 165hz 1440p XB271HU.

Soo.... Would it be better to:

1- buy the TR120 first, and get straight into it with the wheel and monitor I already have (maybe even a second hand wide monitor or two more of the current monitors I have), THEN:
Save for the PC and 4kmonitors, then wheel/pedals.

2 - buy the tr120 use my current gear, then upgrade the wheel/pedals 1st, Then the PC/monitors.

3 - Keep saving to buy all at once? I'm at about £3600, and able to save £500/Month towards this from doing alot of overtime.

Also, bearing in mind I'm head down the motion platform at the end, and considering I might be going with 43" or so monitor size, is free standing monitor stand a better option over rig mounted monitors with the shaking?

Or, is there other paths I have missed?

Thanks!

Personally I think that the real rig is so important and buying it first wont hold back the overall time it would take to get everything you want - I would not hold back on getting that.

I assume you are going to keep using your current gear for the next seven months while you continue to save so why not use it in comfort?

Once you are in a rig and have been using it for a bit I think you will get an idea of what you want next, triples and a pc to drive them or new pedals and wheel. Either way, using your existing gear in a new rig will make you very happy in the mean time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.