Tracks (unity) 500 textures to png no match help

i converted 500 jpg to png, so its compatible with kn5 editor.

i have over 2000 meshes to retexture. Im new to this, maybe i try combine them? not sure how that done.
with 500 textures for 2000 objects, How can I ever finish this in good time? unity wont recognize the png textures.
If i left as jpg, it auto textures everything, but kn5 editor only use png/dds. Help please let me know what can i do to make this feasible

Last edited:
Its an image format created specifically for 3D game engines, it can compress, it can store alpha channels.. really the only format anyone should use!

If you are interested in learning AC track modding, i recommend you read all this: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/ and pretty much everything else labeled guide, or tutorial from that forum. BUT everything is geared towards Blender or 3DS Max... Using something like Unity or Zmodeler or "Bob's one click modeling" won't get you very far.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Its an image format created specifically for 3D game engines, it can compress, it can store alpha channels.. really the only format anyone should use!

If you are interested in learning AC track modding, i recommend you read all this: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/ and pretty much everything else labeled guide, or tutorial from that forum. BUT everything is geared towards Blender or 3DS Max... Using something like Unity or Zmodeler or "Bob's one click modeling" won't get you very far.

Good luck :thumbsup:
ty you just saved me kn5 problems lol
then i need dds for alpha, otherwise shadow/light get messed up in kn5 editor.
I wonder why unity not good? it support fbx. Has free fbx exporter now. its possible that exporter might fix my probs if it can change to dds textures. I have 3 things to check. otherwise I could just put in kn5 editor, but lack alot of textures/collision...
If someone know how to combine meshes and textures, that could reduce the amount of work needed for large maps. then just manually texture with dds.

You should use dds because if you use png, the game converts them to dds during load into memory and makes load times longer for less specified results (you don't get to control what type of dds it makes)

Btw the kseditor should be able to load jpg too, for testing everything it is fine.

But other question, what track does need 2000 objects and 500 textures? No matter the format this won't perform good :/

Btw the kseditor should be able to load jpg too, for testing everything it is fine.

But other question, what track does need 2000 objects and 500 textures? No matter the format this won't perform good :/

lol i dunno. the map is only 67mb. Im hopeful it will, the polycount isnt too high either but will see if it crash, i hope not.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea