UNEXPECTED ERROR - PC freezing (until quit)

Not sure whats going on really... After playing a replay, I suddenly get a window telling me there is an unexpected Error, and then the sytem freezes until I quit the assetto corsa app, and I then get back to CM. What would be causing this? I guess I was using the Porche 996 (non kudos) on the old Mona track (tourist). But This has happened on other tracks with other cars too, not that often though.

Any ideas? =)

1613906837105.png
help me

The devs of Sol/CSP arent curating this thread, if you want help, write at their discord channels.
But first, before any reporting you must understand that "i get unexpected error, help me" won't give you any help.

As you have noticed, many users are experiencing it lately, and what makes it worse, it seems that everyone have their own solutions that don't work for others.
First off, i'd advise rolling back to CSP version, for example 1.68 and see if it helped.
If it helped it's fine, but if you are looking for further updates, i wouldnt stop there, and i would try to isolate the issue.
So if you're on the latest CSP, try to disable FX's features one by one - or first disable all CSP (in settings/general patch settings), and see if it's gone. Then enable it back, and disable one by one all the FX (windscreen fx, brake glow fx, smart shadows etc etc), and launch the game every time you disabled some feature.
Then the issue will be more tracked down, and it'll be more constructive to report to their discord channels, also attaching the logs/crash report.

This is a flip side of game that allows heavy modding, and you should be aware of that.
Yesterday i spent a few hours tracking down the issue on my end, as i first tried to go thru all the graphics/AA/optimization settings, before starting to disable whole features one by one.

AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run