Understeer

I've been struggling with understeer with decreasing AERO for higher speeds, as one should expect.
I would like to know though, is there any correlation between suspension height, and steering, and would that help with my problem and compensate for AERO ?

Sorry if this is a daft question, I tried to find an answer in the forums with no luck.

EDIT: The car I refered to in my OP (Ferrari 458) was wrong, and I have no clue what the car was in my testing, so I deleted the original question.

Last edited:
I assume you know something about setting up your rear-wing & splitters, so same thing kinda applies here with suspension heights.

If you raise the rear and lower the front, the rear will get lighter and more weight will be applied towards the front equaling more grip on the front tires, but beware, increasing the rake angle(difference in height between front and rear) can make the rear really nervous especially under braking. It's just about finding the correct balance.

For me, if i have too much HIGH-speed understeer, i usually decrease the rear wing, stiffen the rear ARB and soften the front.

And with LOW-speed understeer, i usually adjust the rake and maybe soften up my front suspension.

(With both High and low speeds, I also adjust bunch of other things aswell, but these are the main ones)

Hope this explained at least a little bit :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I assume you know something about setting up your rear-wing & splitters, so same thing kinda applies here with suspension heights.

If you raise the rear and lower the front, the rear will get lighter and more weight will be applied towards the front equaling more grip on the front tires, but beware, increasing the rake angle(difference in height between front and rear) can make the rear really nervous especially under braking. It's just about finding the correct balance.

For me, if i have too much HIGH-speed understeer, i usually decrease the rear wing, stiffen the rear ARB and soften the front.

And with LOW-speed understeer, i usually adjust the rake and maybe soften up my front suspension.

(With both High and low speeds, I also adjust bunch of other things aswell, but these are the main ones)

Hope this explained at least a little bit :thumbsup:

Thanks JoelK, will be putting laps tonight to experiment with this..

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Forum trophies