Tyres going cold formula retro gen 1.

Basically I'm using default settings and can't keep heat in my tyres. By lap 5 they are stone cold. What's the best way to tackle this? Simple pressure drop?

Max out both front and rear cambers, drive harder.
hey wolftree..you seem to be in the know with most things AMS2 so ill ask you..i had trouble adjusting tire wear and i will say the last update went a long ways in helping with this..I have noticed that the ARB seems to be key to getting the tires to wear correctly..that being said some tracks are really hard to even it out, would the camber be a good tool for this..for example at Bathurst keeping the front right tire from not losing its grip while the left front seems to go cold, should i camber the left a lot and the right not much to even them out..also, and this is a shot in the dark but do you know if they are planing on bringing out hard tires for some of the classes that need them? thanks..

I'm struggling with the same problem, I've never managed to get the temperature above 60.
I want to soften the rear ARB, but then I have too much understeer.
Then I end up playing with the clutch which causes new problems.

So has anyone managed to run with tyres at the right temperature or is it just not possible?

Last edited:
Low and stiff setups do wonders for cold tires, then work on dampers/springs for compensating. Toe in the front and rear (incresae scrub) increases temps. Reducing brake duct % increase inside temps, and some across the tire. Lower tire pressures increase tire temp. Camber increases obviously heat up the inside of the tire more. STIFF, STIFF.
Brake bias in there too.

And then tune outwards (diff, spring rates etc) for handling compensation. Its counterintuitive but you have to work backwards with a car thats prone to cold tires, then work the opposite to increase handling.
cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea