Trak Racer TR80 Shipping Review!

td1garage

Audi LMS/GT3
A warning for anyone in the USA wanting to order from TrakRacer as they ship locally...

After having a pretty terrible order experience, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that they can't ship worth a damn. I'm reminded of the experience that Boosted Media just posted about a few days ago in his video about a review not going as planned. Except we're not talking about a brand new company, we're talking about a company that's been around for a long time that apparently doesn't seem to mind shipping a horrible experience to a paying customer.

I ordered a TR160 as their website had some kind of glitch and showed it in stock. After days of no response, they finally tell me it is, in fact, not in stock, but they do have the TR80 and the DD mount in stock. While not ideal, I need to replace my S1 and don't have time to keep messing about, so I agree to a refund for the difference, but only if they can meet my shipping deadline (if they couldn't I had asked that they cancel/refund my order). They confirm it'll arrive on or before Thursday (Feb 6) and proceed to process my order.

Shocker, it didn't arrive on the 6th. While scheduled to arrive tomorrow, it arrived today. Though I wish it didn't.

The packaging was terrible, cardboard boxes not designed to hold heavyweight items and no reinforcement. Their tape situation is equally a joke with the box completely torn open on one end. The surprises don't end there! Upon opening the primary box which has the bags of bolts, hardware and the 80/20 pieces I'm met with metal shavings everywhere! Every single bag of hardware/bolts is ripped open and they are loose and all over the box, with the side of the box torn open, who knows if I even have all the bolts necessary now, fun.

Every single piece has damage, whether it's scratches, knicks, dents, tooling marks, or more. It looks like this was slapped together in a shop in China, shipped to their US facility and that's it. No quality-control happens here, no one cares, no one looks at it, they just ship it to a customer and call it a day.

I regret ordering this, immensely. What's worse is all of the boxes are so messed up it'll be a nightmare to return. Hopefully, my terrible experience will help someone else avoid this nightmare.

I attached some photos of the worst pieces.

IMG_1362.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1376.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1378.jpg
IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1382.jpg

It’s definitely a shame some people have had a bad experience. I am a long time customer of Trak Racer and have never had an issue.

I guess stuff happens in business, especially when a new product line is using different materials and perhaps factories.

The important thing here is that Trak Racer are admitting an issue with the first batch which they say has now been resolved. Knowing TR I trust them on this.

I bought a TR80 which was from the first batch and it was perfect for me, must have been one of the lucky ones.

The unfortunate truth is we only ever hear about the negative experiences online, as the happy people rarely share their positive experiences.

I love my TR80!!

Upvote 0
I hate seeing horror stories like this because personally i've had such an amazing experience dealing with TrakRacer and couldn't recommend them more highly

I think it’s always a good idea to get a balanced view of the performance of a company. If no one with a genuine grievance ever publicised it, you’d get the impression that the company was perfect and they would have no incentive to improve. Even the worst companies have satisfied customers who were probably just lucky (or paid!) so sometimes good reviews can be just as unreliable as bad ones.

In this case, there were problems which now seem to have been resolved. Whether or not that would have happened without the customer going public, we’ll probably never know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it’s always a good idea to get a balanced view of the performance of a company. If no one with a genuine grievance ever publicised it, you’d get the impression that the company was perfect and they would have no incentive to improve. Even the worst companies have satisfied customers who were probably just lucky (or paid!) so sometimes good reviews can be just as unreliable as bad ones.

In this case, there were problems which now seem to have been resolved. Whether or not that would have happened without the customer going public, we’ll probably never know.

Of course, there will be bad experiences with all companies. There were clearly shipping issues in the USA in particular which is super unfortunate. Speaking as an Aussie consumer i had no issues but being local probably helped. If TR say they've taken measures to fix the shipping and they're guaranteeing it then they have a lot of credibility to lose should the new shipping fail again so I'd personally feel comfortable placing an order going forward.

Upvote 0
Any idea if all those units in the pic are already spoken for? I was really looking hard at this setup but the headaches have me second guessing things between this and a Sim-Tek setup. I know I want to go right for 8020 aluminum channel rigs just trying to find the best cost/value with service etc.

Upvote 0
I'm local to TrakRacer so shipping was not an issue but i would never EVER purchase anything from them again.

I have the TrakRacer Mach 2 sim rig with their triple monitor stand.

It's a cheap Chinese POS !!!!

The seat is the most uncomfortable seat ever , i hate it and have added lots of extra padding to try and make it comfortable , and only small people can fit , i am trying to find a replacement.

The wheel mount and pedal mount are not stable at all , the wheel mount probably moves at least 1 cm under use same with the pedal mount.

Made from thin wall tubing (like exhaust tubing)

The triple monitor stand is impossible to accurately align 3 monitors (wasted over 2 hours trying)

Emailed all my concerns to them and the response made me feel like they don't give a damn now they have my money.

Stay clear , never EVER do business with them.

Upvote 0
Johan from Trak Racer here.
It's no secret that there's been a big impact on cross border shipments.
We have been upfront and offered refunds for on all pre-orders now since we sold out.
Our upgraded versions will arrive end of May and we are offering pre-order discounts for those happy to wait.

We always respond to any need of support and do our absolute best to ensure a happy user for each product.
Feel free to contact me on: support@trakracer.eu
or call/whatsapp me on: +31 6414748732

Upvote 0
why do the customers that are ordering now get a discount what about the people like myself and my brother that have been waiting months and still dont have our rigs? Between the two of us we spent 2500$ not very happy..... Dont see how its fair they get a discount but you string us on with emails like your complete order has shipped only to see a seat? And if there was honest communication alot of people would not be angry...

Upvote 0
Ordered a Trak Racer Triple Monitor Stand from Tegiwa Imports in the UK - it's only running 4-5 days late from the estimated delivery date - I can live with that due to covid19 etc... but are Tegiwa Imports legit as they don't respond to my emails asking for a delivery update

Upvote 0
Ordered a Trak Racer Triple Monitor Stand from Tegiwa Imports in the UK - it's only running 4-5 days late from the estimated delivery date - I can live with that due to covid19 etc... but are Tegiwa Imports legit as they don't respond to my emails asking for a delivery update
I've never heard of them or bought anything from them, but the latest filing on Companies House looks legit.

Upvote 0
I was going to order the tr160 because I am in the US but went with sim-lab instead as 2 of my friends are having issues with their orders. Furthermore, I emailed them with questions ready to order but never got a reply. I am sort of glad they never responded.

Upvote 0
I'm in UK and looked at Trak Racer gear but went for a Slick Steel Cobra F1c rig. www.slicksteel.co.uk/cobra.html
Built like the proverbial brick privvy and at 80kg ish, it ain't going anywhere. Mine is in brushed stainless steel as the normal powder coating wasn't available in CV19 lockdown.
And about the same ££ as Trak Racer.
He is starting triple monitor mounts.

Upvote 0
Tegiwaimports: Well, I waited, have spoke to them earlier on, and now it's 10 days overdue, and no "been dispatched" icon in sight, and i asked again 4 days ago and no communication, yet they state more than 10 are available throughout - but will still hang on because I'm desperate! :D

Gotta be honest, I know trakracer would argue I've bought from a 3rd party but this 3rd party sells much of their entire range so there must be an agreement with them to sell trak racer clobber.

Bought 2 next level gt tracks (son and me) and both arrived within 48hrs so yep, not good experience of trak racer so far but if the product turns out to be good I may forgive them...

Upvote 0
I'm in UK and looked at Trak Racer gear but went for a Slick Steel Cobra F1c rig. www.slicksteel.co.uk/cobra.html
Built like the proverbial brick privvy and at 80kg ish, it ain't going anywhere. Mine is in brushed stainless steel as the normal powder coating wasn't available in CV19 lockdown.
And about the same ££ as Trak Racer.
He is starting triple monitor mounts.

Blimey - they do look like big heavy brutes! :D

Bet it's more stable than the house

Upvote 0
I am now at 2.5 months of waiting for my TR80, I have a seat which shipped three weeks ago, I have received Part 2 of the rig, but zero extruded aluminum. I keep getting emails from them about this and that...while what I have looks great...it doesnt do me squat until I can bolt it all together. I have my wheel/pedals, just nothing to play it on...a bit frustrated. From what I see, the product appears decent, just not a good introduction to US purchasing.

Maybe one day I will see the rest of the rig. I will give it to them, Matt has had timely repsonses to my emails, although generic in timeframe...I am sure he is wore out as well.

Upvote 0
I gave up as it was approaching a month without delivery - nor any sign of a date for one. Now refunded. But waiting 2.5 months is an absolute killer for you. Jumped to Next Level Triple Monitor Stand myself and received within 48hrs. I did contact Trak Racer asking if there is a rough date for when they will have a UK stock in and never received a reply. I understand it can be tough for small businesses during covid19 as I operate one myself, I hope they get on top of things for their own good.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Forum trophies