Track surface rendering distance

Hi all,

I've tried very hard to find out which setting affects the distance at which elements on the road are rendered on the screen, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Can anyone tell me what setting affects this?

My problem is that as you can see, the bright yellow line in front of the car is being rendered on top of the light yellow line only as the car keeps going on. If I stop and reverse, the bright yellow line is getting rubberized. Same goes with the white line at the road side. Crevices on the road, patched with bitumen, also appear only right in front of the car.

Screenshot 1: Flawless road
Screenshot_01.jpg

Screenshot 2: Crevices on the road start to appear

Screenshot_02.jpg

This happens on several tracks. Same thing with original launcher and CM+CSP.

The screen drawing speed is constant 90 FPS on VR and almost 300 FPS on single screen. Same problem with VR and in single screen mode.

Br,
Pena M

My PC:
Core i7-11700K
Nvidia RTX 3080Ti
16 RB RAM
AC+CSP 0.1.76

Did you specifically turn off CSP when you used the original launcher? Normally it's still used, you just lose controls for it.

Did you specifically turn off CSP when you used the original launcher? Normally it's still used, you just lose controls for it.
Hi stereo,

I don't quite understand your question. I use Content Manager to start, so I've replaced ac's exe file with CM. As a result startup does not go through ac's normal menu if I press "Go!". If I change back the original exe file and start AC through the original menu, there is the same problem with rendering.

Increase anisotropic filtering.

Hi Brun,
Thank you for your answer. I've got that setting at the maximum. Here is my basic video setup in CM:

1642698016319.png

It just occurred to me that there could be something in Nvidia's 3D settings that would affect this...?

Br,
Pena M

CSP is a separate component from Content Manager, it replaces AC's graphics renderer no matter which menu you start from.
Hi stereo, thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm aware of that. Sorry forgot to add, I have CSP active.

But if I put it inactive, it does not affect this. Just tried it again, CSP off:
1642698635238.png

1642698586887.png

Increase anisotropic filtering.
Hi again Brun,

Your your suggestion was a solution, I had to do it in Nvidia's settings.

There are two assestto corsa related exe-file. acs.exe and assettocorsa.exe, and under acs.exe there was a anisoftropic filter set to OFF. After I changed it to 16x result looks like as shown here. Now those yellow and white line are already rendered much further, (although you can see where they end). Same goes with "application controlled".

1642701158597.png

This one looks much better now:
1642701356071.png

Thanks a lot!

Br,
Pena M

Attachments

• 1642700485037.png
    1642700485037.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 210

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?