Track list category

roguk

Premium
Hi is it possible to make the track list category more legible, with all the tracks i have its almost impossible to read.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 111
Hi is it possible to make the track list category more legible, with all the tracks i have its almost impossible to read.
Me too, having this struggle..
edit : btw, the tracks sort order, in this game is a bit crazy.. Is there any knowledge about this by someone, I would very much like to know.
Thanks..

Last edited:
You can change it to whatever you like. It just takes a little time to do. If you have too many categories, the game makes the text smaller to fit it in. I suggest you reduce the number of categories.
To change a tracks Category open the Race 07 folder, then GameData, and then locations. Open the track folder you want to change and open the GDB file. Look for the line Category=
And type your new Category name after the =
If the category doesn't exist, the game will make a new one, and the text will get smaller.
I recommend inventing your own categories and only have a few, maybe six or so. Like I have. My favs, Long tracks, **** Tracks.
Then go through all the tracks one at a time and sort them into your new headings.
Some of the original content tracks will have encrypted GDB files, Don't fear, a little program called "wtcced" will decrypt them for you.

Trying to get all mine sorted alphabetically under one heading; except for a few series specific sets.

Trying to get all mine sorted alphabetically under one heading; except for a few series specific sets.
Some progress I've made :

To get more space for "header", on top of screen I changed my Line Category = SuperTouring, in *. gdb-file, to only ST, and for example, Road Atlanta 2016 : from Add-On, to only US.

Other changes in gdb-files Lines..
( see the difference, below.. )
Category=trackname, .. or,
Category= trackname, .. or,
Category =trackname, .. and lastly,
Category = trackname.
At least two of these writings, like this above, seems to have an impact, to the tracks sort-order. In this way I've got it much more alphabetically, now ...
There is some rules, in the game. We only have to find it... Happy editing,..

Some progress I've made :

To get more space for "header", on top of screen I changed my Line Category = SuperTouring, in *. gdb-file, to only ST, and for example, Road Atlanta 2016 : from Add-On, to only US.

Other changes in gdb-files Lines..
( see the difference, below.. )
Category=trackname, .. or,
Category= trackname, .. or,
Category =trackname, .. and lastly,
Category = trackname.
At least two of these writings, like this above, seems to have an impact, to the tracks sort-order. In this way I've got it much more alphabetically, now ...
There is some rules, in the game. We only have to find it... Happy editing,..
I'm surprised that the space in a different place changes the order, That's a good find and will be useful. especially for me as I have around 220 tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back