Track from GTL to GTR2

roguk

Premium
Hi i want to convert a track from GTL to run on GTR2 so i can race the AI in VR. Have seen a converter called GTL2GTR2 which looks quite simple to use but the readme says
It does not adjust AIWs, nor does it change GDBs.
It does not look for missing files.
It does not fix Safety cars on track.

so the question is what else do i have to do to get the track working, any help greatly appreciated.

for personal use only.

I doubt there is a single GTL track that isn't already converted to Gtr2.
Apart from that it is a very simple process.
Plenty of info if you make a google search of what to change.

An easy way would be to compare a GTL track to a converted GTL track.
Or even if you compare Anderstorp in GTL to Anderstorp in GTR2
I like to change the file name ext to proper Gtr2 so rename .GTL to .GTR. Not really need but less confusing when you look at the track later on.
The compression are the same.
If you made everything right the track will now load in Gtr2.

AIW changes are just for safety car.

Add a gridindex =103 for Safety cars position in front of start line. You will need 3Dsimed or similar program to find that.
Add Teamindex =51 For safety car parking position. A good spot are to the side of the Pitlane or just use a garage spot.

To get track reflection takes a bit more work.
Make a copy of the .gmt's that make up the track surface and rename them rrflect001.gmt to rrflectxxx.gmt
XXX depend on how many track objects you got.
Lift them up 0.01 or 0.02 meter and save them with the wet track shader "DiffuseT0T1Reflect"
Add those to the trackname.trk file.

Last is to make the LOD to gtr2 standard but hardly needed for personal use.

But as I started to say all tracks are already done and available for download here on RD

Hi Bjarne thanks for reply (But as I started to say all tracks are already done and available for download here on RD) not Dundrod which is the track i want to race in GTR2 VR, converting track looks a bit more complicated than i thought, will look into 3dsimed and see how complicated it is.

Hi got this working with GTR2 and PNG. Used converter GTL2GTR2 did the AIW changes gridindex and teamindex, have not used 3Dsimed for reflections and LOD as track looks great and works fine but might look into this part later.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.3%