Too slow

Okay, let's be honest.

I think I'm too slow for this world.

I spend now days to train my skills on one single road.
1.400 km on the Spa circuit in the BMW Z4 GT3 was necessary to reach a best lap with poor 2:22:370 behind a pacemaker in an online race.

2:22:370 is the result of one week training, approximately 4-6 hours a day. Okay, I can now drive more than 20 rounds without a mistake, but then I reach only 2:25. That means I'm almost 10 seconds behind a good driver.

How long are you training on a circuit, to be on top?

Wrong question; "how" is a better question.
If you practice doing slow laps, you may get better at being slow. To be analytical,
compare your speed and braking telemetry with those of faster lappers.
Having identified where and how time is being lost, compare lines thru those parts of tracks.

Breaking problems into smaller bits and correcting those bits can seem tedious.

It may also be the case that pacemaker has a usefully better setup...

Okay, let's be honest.

I think I'm too slow for this world.

I spend now days to train my skills on one single road.
1.400 km on the Spa circuit in the BMW Z4 GT3 was necessary to reach a best lap with poor 2:22:370 behind a pacemaker in an online race.

2:22:370 is the result of one week training, approximately 4-6 hours a day. Okay, I can now drive more than 20 rounds without a mistake, but then I reach only 2:25. That means I'm almost 10 seconds behind a good driver.

How long are you training on a circuit, to be on top?

2:22 is a good starting point at Spa. There are alot of technical corner sections where the wrong line can be costing you alot of time. For example braking too late into les combes means you loose a half second to Bruxelles. You need to maximise exit speed onto all the straights, even that small one down to bruxelles. There is alot of sacrificing corners to gain overall time on the section.

Running too much wing on the straight can also cost you a second or two around the whole lap.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 399 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 268 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 159 27.7%
Back