TMX Thrustmaster Settings

I just got the TMX today and i have been playing and it does not recognize so i just used another wheel preset and messed around with the Control Panel settings and AMS settings and the wheel feels weird, heavy and sometimes the wheel gets stuck to the right or something like that. The wheel has no problems with other titles.
I am hoping if yall could share some settings!

Thanks, Andres.

I just got the TMX today and i have been playing and it does not recognize so i just used another wheel preset and messed around with the Control Panel settings and AMS settings and the wheel feels weird, heavy and sometimes the wheel gets stuck to the right or something like that. The wheel has no problems with other titles.
I am hoping if yall could share some settings!

Thanks, Andres.
I have a T300 and just leave Control Panel to default, then simply calibrate in AMS2, and set FFB, nothing else. So far been using
60-65 / 60-70 / 0-30 (still playing around and testing) / 0 in-game, but adjust slightly depending on vehicle.

I have a T300 and just leave Control Panel to default, then simply calibrate in AMS2, and set FFB, nothing else. So far been using
60-65 / 60-70 / 0-30 (still playing around and testing) / 0 in-game, but adjust slightly depending on vehicle.
I set the control panel at default but when i go to the game it constricts the wheel turning range to 270, is that normal?

Thanks for your information.

Hi,

I've got a T300RS which is basically the same wheel as the TMX:
  • steering lock: you should set it up to default settings in the TM control panel (should default to 900°). Then in AMS, you should select within the controller option page: "enable custom steering range" --> NO. The game will automatically adapt the wheel angle range based on the car you're driving (modern F1: 270°, road Camaro: 900°).
  • beware, on exiting AMS, your wheel steering lock range will stay the same steering lock value that you had in the last car you drove in AMS. If you drove a F1 with 270° wheel rotation in AMS and you move to Assetto Corsa, your wheel angle range will be limited to 270° in AC. This is a "bug" which has never been solved in AMS. You have to go to your TM control panel and set it back to 900° (or any value you like).
  • reversing FFB: my understanding is that with Logitech wheels you have to use a negative "Force Feedback Strength" value. Like -80. With Thrustmaster wheels, it must be set to a positive value. Just move the cursor to +80 and you're set!
Here are my settings (I set those up in 2017 or 2018. Never had to tweak it after that. That's AMS1 magic for you! :) ):

FFB_AMS_temp.gif

(wheel range changes automatically. Last car I drove had a default 630° range. Cannot remember which one it was)

Hi,

• steering lock: you should set it up to default settings in the TM control panel (should default to 900°). Then in AMS, you should select within the controller option page: "enable custom steering range" --> NO. The game will automatically adapt the wheel angle range based on the car you're driving (modern F1: 270°, road Camaro: 900°).
  • beware, on exiting AMS, your wheel steering lock range will stay the same steering lock value that you had in the last car you drove in AMS. If you drove a F1 with 270° wheel rotation in AMS and you move to Assetto Corsa, your wheel angle range will be limited to 270° in AC. This is a "bug" which has never been solved in AMS. You have to go to your TM control panel and set it back to 900° (or any value you like).
  • reversing FFB: my understanding is that with Logitech wheels you have to use a negative "Force Feedback Strength" value. Like -80. With Thrustmaster wheels, it must be set to a positive value. Just move the cursor to +80 and you're set!
Here are my settings (I set those up in 2017 or 2018. Never had to tweak it after that. That's AMS1 magic for you! :) ):

View attachment 361234

(wheel range changes automatically. Last car I drove had a default 630° range. Cannot remember which one it was)
Thanks for this information i really appreciate it. so i would have to set it up back to 900 before opening the game?
Again thank you for the info!!! i will let you know any updates

Hi,

View attachment 361234

Also what preset do you use? the game does not recognize the TMX

Hi,

View attachment 361234

Just went into the game and the " Enable custom steering range " is not even showing up

I use a TMX and run my settings quite low compared to others i have seen. I dont like too much strength in the feedback as it dulls things (and makes you arms ache) so i found my sweet spot to be
Pure 360
Feedback Strength 30%
Low Force Boost 98%
I was surprised when i changed from around 60 and 30-40 Boost. For me, it is so much better
Now i just need to find a similar setup in AMS2 as currently struggling to find settings i like !!

Just went into the game and the " Enable custom steering range " is not even showing up
I'm sorry. I just noticed there must have been something wrong with my game version from several months back... I've copied my HD to a SSD a couple of days ago and now, back in AMS1, my settings screen has changed! :alien:

Here's how it stands now:
AMS1_wheel.gif

Still works perfectly fine! :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play