Thrustmaster TX leather edition

Thought I would share my settings just to get in the mix and see what others think.

In TM control panel I have:
MG= 100%
Constant= 100%
Periodic= 100%
Spring=50%
Damper=50%

In-Game
Gain=70%
Min. Force=2

Finding this is giving a nice consistent feeling of weight with no radical twitches/vibrations.
Using a set of Fanatec CSL Pedals with load cell at 60% too, good sense of weight there also.

Rig has a i5 7600K 3.8ghz with GTX 1060 6GB with 16gig of RAM which is doing this release justice.

• Deleted member 379375

Can you confirm that altering Spring and Damper does make a difference as I have a T500RS and these sliders make no difference at all, I didn't get around to trying Periodic as it was obvious there was an issue with ACC's FFB implementation (confirmed by devs).

Thanks

Can you confirm that altering Spring and Damper does make a difference as I have a T500RS and these sliders make no difference at all, I didn't get around to trying Periodic as it was obvious there was an issue with ACC's FFB implementation (confirmed by devs).

Thanks
Hi Winston....
Been away for the last few days but will test the difference and keep you posted when I have get the time sir....

Thanks
Changed the set-up to these settings and it is better....

MG= 75%
Constant= 100%
Periodic= 100%
Spring=00%
Damper=00%

In-Game
Gain=75%
Min. Force=5

I did try my original settings with
Spring=00%
Damper=00%
and could not really feel a noticeable difference....

Hi,

I am also interested in a recommended setting for the TX wheel.

I currently have this:

MG= 100%
Constant= 100%
Periodic= 0%
Spring=0%
Damper=0%

In-Game
Gain=90%
Dynamic Damping=80%
Min. Force=0

I believe time ago I read about setting Periodic, Spring and Damper to 0, kind of similar what I used to do with the Logitech wheels. But when I apply those settings I get no FF at all on rFactor2. On ACC it feels quiet well. Also, is it OK not to use a LUT on AC/ACC for the TX?

Thanks

I believe time ago I read about setting Periodic, Spring and Damper to 0, kind of similar what I used to do with the Logitech wheels. But when I apply those settings I get no FF at all on rFactor2. On ACC it feels quiet well.

Keep spring and damper at default, they do not work the way you've been told they work, so setting them to 0 achieves nothing apart from possibly taking some of the intended effects from FFB in some games. (I don't think rF2 or ACC is one of those games, though, so technically setting these to 0 shouldn't matter, but neither does keeping those at default, so it's the more sensible option.)

And certainly don't set periodic to 0. (That's a new one even for me, tbh.)

I find 90% pretty strong. I use 70% max (sometimes slightly lower) on my T300 w/c is enough & avoids clipping.

T300 doesn't really clip even when set to 100 % gain. Any clipping you'd get would be on the game's side (which is independent on the FFB gain set in the wheel's control panel anyway - you can get clipping from the game even with the wheel's FFB gain set to say 20 %) and you'd want to adjust it directly in the game in that case, adjusting the wheel's gain would achieve nothing.

T300 doesn't really clip even when set to 100 % gain. Any clipping you'd get would be on the game's side (which is independent on the FFB gain set in the wheel's control panel anyway - you can get clipping from the game even with the wheel's FFB gain set to say 20 %) and you'd want to adjust it directly in the game in that case, adjusting the wheel's gain would achieve nothing.
Not sure if you mean 100% in-game or in CP. I was referring to in-game gain, w/c I don't set > 70% (in ACC). In TM CP I have all at 100%.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.