This makes for some miserable reading

This makes for some miserable reading. Can only hope that if they need that cash injection they let someone take on studio397 because rf2 dying due to MSGames incompetence would be criminal. It all starts off sounding good until you find the part that says without injection of funds they won't be able to continue projects through 2023.

Is this recent? They DID get a cash injection late last year.

I wonder, deep down, if Marcel regrets selling to MSG. Sure the injected cash & licences that RF2 has acquired have been good for the Sim on one hand, but at what cost? At least 4 high profile staff (including Marcel himself) have left in the past year, there's confusion & conjecture over the BTCC stand-alone games release, the (pathetic IMO) IndyCar "exclusive" license and another delay to that release, the poor reception surrounding the NASCAR game, whether or not the Le Mans game will see the light of day, constant questions surrounding MSGs finances - all that and what of RF2?

Whilst for the users it's been great to see an abundance of DLC in recent times, the UI *finally* looks and works very well, there's also been apparent attention towards improving the AI and fixing the decade old bugs & issues on that side as well as other core development under the hood. In essence RF2 has never been so good, the past 18months or so have been great. But with the team apparently split to work on the Le Mans game and BTCC content all but done - where does RF2 go now? Do we get the Le Mans game licenses? Will we get the Indycars & tracks to go with them? or are they all saved for those respective titles? Where for the love of god is the Offline Championship mode? something so simple and yet 10+ years on from release this title still does not have it - I find that unacceptable personally, it was bad enough the UI took several years to develop, it was bad enough AI bugs & issues went practically ignored up until recently, why is there no urgency to deliver the -bog standard default should've been in the game since the very beginning - items & features?

As above the last 18months have been very good for RF2, but there's still some way to go to play catch up to other Sims let alone themselves. I just hope MSG don't screw us all over in the end, as fans, users & customers of this product - we'll be the ones who are gonna be left wanting if they do end up going bust (not to forget the staff of course).

Last edited:
Did marcel own luminous i thought he was a share holder ? Next is a new CS in May. MSG is owned by motorsport network so will go in the direction they want the cash injection was from the owner of motorsport network. I would say when s397 was sold they all had to get new contracts with MSG, if so s397 is GONE just a name still being used. Maybe the top guys seen it moving in a different direction and decided to leave.
I would look at motorsport network to see what they are into and try and work out what they will now bring to rf2, i know they are into their esports.

Can only hope haven't really touched another sim since the btcc content and new tracks have been released

Not really, my point has always been it's not worth worrying yourself over things in life generally. Don't worry, be happy, simple as that.

Bob gets a flat tyre, no spare, does he jump up and down or make excuses.
No he rolls another one, turns the radio up and takes in the view :)

bob.jpg

I find nothing about threads like this positive.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea