The magic of AC

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I am a long time AC passionate, over 5000 hours of play time. Just want to share a few impression here, in the AC thread.
I usually drive in VR, as to me not in VR is very limited, if any "simulation".
Last month I had a minor surgery on my head, preventing me from driving in VR, but I could still drive on pancake.
I usually almost only drive AC, but I have all the others. As I was driving pancake, for about 3 weeks, I explored my other title more. In pancake I particularly enjoyed AMS2.
Back to being able to drive in VR again, I kept using AMS2. Even took advantage of Christmas discounts and added a few DLC.
Spent some time in Cleveland, discovering the track with Indy cars formula.
It was nice, for a while.
I then downloaded the mod track to AC and took one of the VCR Indy car mod.
Lately, as I was enjoying AMS2 on pancake, I looked at Steam Charts, curious to see if AMS2 had gained traction in gaining users. AC is averaging peaks of 15,000 daily users and AMS 2 peaks of 500. from my experience on pancake, it felt weird, as ASM2 was not that bad.
But then, bandage off, back to VR, the difference in users makes sense to me. In pancake both AC and AMS2 are elaborate video games, in VR AMS2 is a little better than in pancake (maybe) but AC comes to life. from nice to wow!
Yes AMS2 looks nice in VR, but also very fake, AC , with that mod in particular (Cleveland) as some weird stuff, but even then, it looks more real, and then the driving is at a complete different level. That difference is much less apparent to me in pancake, as both feel weird from what you feel on the wheel and what you see on the screen is disconnected, but in VR, AC is coherent, coherent enough to give the leap of faith and make me feel like a (pretend) racer.
I am looking forward to what Kunos will deliver with AC2, but my expectations, judging from ACC, that I like but not as much ( far from it) as AC, are not high.
Not an issue, as AC is not going anywhere, firmly planted on my hard drive, all of the 1.01 TB, 3026 cars and 765 tracks.
Lots to do!

Did you try the new CSP 108. I consider it to be like the AC2 we would like. The tyres physic change is excellent. AC feel more natural than ever. Have fun

• Deleted member 1066209

Did you try the new CSP 108. I consider it to be like the AC2 we would like. The tyres physic change is excellent. AC feel more natural than ever. Have fun
Do you mean CSP 1.80? Is it a preview version?

F4AB83B1-E3A1-4378-9A1E-4A999FAA4566.jpeg

• Deleted member 1066209

Oooh nice, I look forward to trying that out!

The magic about AC: For me AC is the most realistic PC sim (thanks to VR) to race old an expensive vintage race car, like the beautiful lined LM GT40, 917 or pre-war stuff like the Bugatti, Mercedes, Alfa on historic circuits.
Guess like in real life as an more financial affordable old English MG or a Norton, is an more satisfying drive then all those boring modern plastic driven by electronics, cars and motorcycles.

I have btw all the major (VR) race sims like AMS1&2, RFc2 etc and while ACC does give me the best eye candy, I played these games only a limited time, like a 20 minutes.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back