ACC The Epic Endurance Race with GT3s in Spa - 13th April (Teams welcome)

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
IMG_0326.jpeg

Description

This race lasts 144 minutes, but with a time scale of 5 it feels like the real 12h race.
Teams are welcome but you can drive as a solo driver also.

The race duration gives a lot of room for different strategies.
May - perhaps - the slowest driver/team win :)
  • 144 minute GT3 race
  • 5 am in-game race start
  • Time scale 5
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
Drivers
DriversTeamCar
1Michael KlengelCar DestroyersBMW M4 GT3
2Jay Clarke, Aston, Martin :DRoute 66 RacingAMR V8 Vantage
3Oliver ZierachLexus RC F GT3
4Alexis MartyMcLaren 720S GT3 Evo
5Chris Swan, Will HardieApex LegendsMcLaren 720S GT3 Evo
6Nasos AngelouPorsche NeptunePorsche 991 II GT3 R
7Andre Nascentes
8Ricardo Jorge
9Rich GreenBMW M4 GT3
10Jordan Verhofstadt, John DecubberVDS Racing AdventuresMercedes-AMG GT3 EVO 2020
11Harry BrooksMcLaren 720S GT3 Evo

Results

Pitstop
  • Mandatory pitstops: 2
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Tyre change allowed
Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, minor cloud changes, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 22
  • Cloud level: 0.2
  • Rain: 0
  • Randomness: 2
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
  • 18:00 UTC / 19:00 BST 30 minute practice
  • 18:30 UTC / 19:30 BST 15 minute qualifying
  • 18:45 UTC / 19:45 BST 144 minute race
BoP (LFM V17)

ClassCarYearBallastChange
GT3Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II202210 kg0 kg
GT3Bentley Continental2018-14 kg0 kg
GT3AMR V8 Vantage2019-3 kg0 kg
GT3BMW M4 GT320216 kg0 kg
GT3Ferrari 296 GT3202314 kg0 kg
GT3Honda NSX GT3 Evo2019-30 kg0 kg
GT3Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO 220231 kg0 kg
GT3McLaren 720S GT3 Evo202324 kg0 kg
GT3Mercedes-AMG GT32020-5 kg0 kg
GT3Porsche 992 GT3 R2023-4 kg0 kg
GT3McLaren 720S GT3201911 kg0 kg
GT3Nissan GT-R Nismo GT320183 kg0 kg

How can I join this event?
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found here
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • Club rules are enforced. Check them out here
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • Please ensure your real name is set on you RD profile and matches your in-game

Last edited:
I’m not 100% I will make the race. I had me had something come and it will be touch and go whether I can make it back for the race. If possible can you keep me signed up? I might end up missing qualifying and just do the race

Helloooo !

Well it wasn't easy :rolleyes:
So my teammate John is a beginner and he wanted to test my sim setup on this race by my side :rolleyes:
Last week I trained and created a setup for myself which was way too much oversteery for him, so before the race, I tried to calm the rear a bit.

Big mistake, I took the first stint and wasn't able to take my turns like I used to, full throttle in Eau rouge was not possible anymore unless if I wanted a track cut. So ended up by lifting my foot off the throttle which at some point resulted in unsettling the car and crash into the wall...

After I made a few more mistakes, I started to be more used to the car but was a lot slower than I'm used to overall.

Then came John's stint and, let's say he had a lot of trouble between my wheel and the force cell pedals. A lot of spin, little crashes and also a bit tired and sweaty at the end :roflmao:

I hope it wasn't too inconvenient for everyone, sorry to Michael who has been confronted to John stuck in the middle of the track and went a little bit off the track.

In the end we had some fun, John knows he has to train a little bit more and I learned to not touch my setup ever ever again just before a race for any reasons :laugh:

Congrats to the podium, it looked like there were some good battles for the win !

See you next race :)

Last edited:
Spa is always a fantastic track to race, our yearly Endurance here makes it even more special.
Thanks to Michael for sticking with it and making it happen and our club drivers for taking part.

Great pace from the front runners as always, congratulations to our podiums.
My race was as expected really, can’t quite get below :22’s here, but did manage to better my best practice time.

I got my annual SG30 for speeding in pit lane EVEN AFTER practicing not to do it lol, longest pit lane ever with the shortest entry point lol, next year I’m nailing it.

One little tap of the wall which gave me around 8sec damage to fix on first stop, but the remaining plan went ok.

Really was disappointed to see Chris and Will retire as they had been so fast in practice and it was good to see them both here, maybe just maybe they will pair up for some Endurance at the Green Hell hehehe.

Well done everyone
See you soon

ps: Astons Rule :)

Last edited:
Helloooo !

Well it wasn't easy :rolleyes:
So my teammate John is a beginner and he wanted to test my sim setup on this race by my side :rolleyes:
Last week I trained and created a setup for myself which was way too much oversteery for him, so before the race, I tried to calm the rear a bit.

Big mistake, I took the first stint and wasn't able to take my turns like I used to, full throttle in Eau rouge was not possible anymore unless if I wanted a track cut. So ended up by lifting my foot off the throttle which at some point resulted in unsettling the car and crash into the wall...

After I made a few more mistakes, I started to be more used to the car but was a lot slower than I'm used to overall.

Then came John's stint and, let's say he had a lot of trouble between my wheel and the force cell pedals. A lot of spin, little crashes and also a bit tired and sweaty at the end :roflmao:

I hope it wasn't too inconvenient for everyone, sorry to Michael who has been confronted to John stuck in the middle of the track and went a little bit off the track.

In the end we had some fun, John knows he has to train a little bit more and I learned to not touch my setup ever ever again just before a race for any reasons :laugh:

Congrats to the podium, it looked like there were some good battles for the win !

See you next race :)
Hi John and Jordan, our races are useful to learn racing and we all are not error-free. So let’s take it easy, have a look at the replay and check how to improve next time. Maybe looking to the side (assign a button) and the map before releasing the brake. A good opportunity is the next race tomorrow at Monza. Take care in T1

Last edited:
Hi John and Jordan, our races are useful to learn racing and we all are not error-free. So let’s take it easy, have a look at the replay and check how to improve next time. Maybe looking to the side (assign a button) and the map before releasing the brake. A good opportunity is the next race tomorrow at Monza. Take care in T1
Hello,

Sorry for mistakes. Too much new things to manage for a newbie...

Main point was not maybe the best idea to test really a fanatec setup for a endurance when I started to race on t300rs 3 months ago. I needed to change my shirt after.
Too much conditions was unknow. The duration, track state, car's setup,...etc

I need to train!

Hello,

Sorry for mistakes. Too much new things to manage for a newbie...

Main point was not maybe the best idea to test really a fanatec setup for a endurance when I started to race on t300rs 3 months ago. I needed to change my shirt after.
Too much conditions was unknow. The duration, track state, car's setup,...etc

I need to train!
Sounds like you have driven with a torque of 25 Nm :) I‘m using 30% of 25 Nm, that’s enough for me. A good example for 25 Nm is this (don‘t do this at home):

Hi everyone!

Tough but fun race yesterday.
Qualifying was not great, and @SwannyUK can always pull one out of the bag.

At the start, I got a bit confused and thought we had a full formation lap, so added a couple more to the tank.
Great fight with Chris most of the stint all the way to the first pitstop, where they stopped.

A bit of a solo race from there, but still had a spin into the wall when I came up to traffic (my fault!), so I had a 1h stint in the end, after a 1 minute pitstop.

Happy with the win and with the pace consistency throughout the race.
Congrats to @akephoe and @Antonpiou on the podium

Hi everyone!

Tough but fun race yesterday.
Qualifying was not great, and @SwannyUK can always pull one out of the bag.

At the start, I got a bit confused and thought we had a full formation lap, so added a couple more to the tank.
Great fight with Chris most of the stint all the way to the first pitstop, where they stopped.

A bit of a solo race from there, but still had a spin into the wall when I came up to traffic (my fault!), so I had a 1h stint in the end, after a 1 minute pitstop.

Happy with the win and with the pace consistency throughout the race.
Congrats to @akephoe and @Antonpiou on the podium
I think ….at this point…..you should just go ahead and change your last name to Patrese…hahahha , great form as always Ricardo.

Last night's race was pretty awesome. I was fairly consistent, always in the 2:20s or in 2:21s, even with 20 lap-old tyres. Normally my main strategy would be 3 50-minute stints, but I carried extra fuel on me for an alternative, more offensive finish. So I went with 50-60-35 strat and I think it worked pretty well.

Feels great sharing the podium with @akephoe and @RicardoJorge92, bringing home a Porsche 1-3. I honesty have no idea how I ended up 3rd, I was expecting at most 5th, but I guess people had moments. I loved the battles I was involved in.

Shoutout to @McFlunch for the nice battle at the start and @akephoe for the great defending. I could not keep up with you guys on the straights, as both the Beamer and Lexus are faster.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.