aMzvYnZ.jpg

NCuOeOZ.jpg

HdbJsso.jpg

c7yBKaS.jpg

YufsA4W.jpg

xJcYfGe.jpg

J8AYQ8Q.jpg

Last edited:
It looks better than 2021's car in my personal opinion. Mainly due to there being less clusterf*** of aero pieces all over the place. This looks much cleaner in my opinion. Not sure why they made the nose look like a duck bill but I'd imagine the actual car by the teams will have narrower nose.

It looks like a really big car. I think it looks alright, if they do what they're supposed to do the design will earn it's respect.

Those little winglets above the front wheels though. It will be interesting to see how they affect pit stops. Could end up damaging tyres or breaking parts if they hit off that piece of carbon.

It looks like a really big car. I think it looks alright, if they do what they're supposed to do the design will earn it's respect.

Those little winglets above the front wheels though. It will be interesting to see how they affect pit stops. Could end up damaging tyres or breaking parts if they hit off that piece of carbon.
Apparently Its shorter than the current car.

The car will increase to 775kg, which is disappointing; why do they insist on making the cars so heavy. Surely a lighter car would be better for racing. The wheels are naff too, race cars should have small wheels.
Also, I would be in favour of a "completely flat front wing" -- none of the fussy slats which look bad and are susceptible to the effects of dirty air from a car close in front.

However, I have no doubt that the racing will be more competitive than the current state.

Last edited:
I don't mind the look of the 2022 car, but there are some things that we can pretty much guarantee for next season:

• Actual cars will look very different, with each team's interpretation of the rules
  • Racing won't be as close as everyone hopes - teams deliberately design cars to be difficult to follow
  • Liveries will be way cooler than the weird hologram style on show at Silverstone!

The car will increase to 775kg, which is disappointing; why do they insist on making the cars so heavy. Surely a lighter car would be better for racing.

3 sprint races say 40% distance, said this for years but no one agreed
Tell me sprint race was not better then the full race, just needs to be bit longer

60KG lighter
3 exciting first laps and 3 chances for drivers to redeem themselves
1 reverse top 10 would be most exciting
no mandatory pitstops
triple points
smaller fuel cell

Function is dictating the design and if it brings better racing, I'm all for it. I do wish we could do without the wheel covers. Looks like a Frisbee is stuck inside the wheel. I've never liked them, but I do understand the engineering behind it.

Just wished they would have changed the power unit. I understand that they have 100s of millions invested but its the divide in the field imo.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.