Talent file specific AI lines in GTR2?

Have been reading up on rF2, and found out that AI in rF2 can be told to run a specific fast line! Basically, in each talent file, you can specify an AI line (via an AIW file) specifically for that driver.

See this old thread from the ISI forums back in the day: https://web.archive.org/web/2015050...ettings-Thread?p=246577&viewfull=1#post246577

Is this a rF2 only thing, or is it also possible in rF1 or GTR2? If you can do this in GTR2, maybe this would be an outside-the-box way of fixing the "blue flag" bug (where, in a multiclass race, a faster class car gets 'stuck' behind slower class traffic it's trying to lap). You could just create one AI line for the GT cars that goes to one side on the straights, and another AI line for the NGT cars that goes to the other! Then assign the lines appropriately in the talent files.

Interestingly, I believe I've seen mod versions of Daytona for rF2 with different lines for preset different kinds of cars for this exact purpose – so that prototypes run high up on the banking, while GTs run low. True to life, and helps minimize multiclass traffic issues.

No only Rf2 got those specific paths for specific cars.
Or rather only rf2 are using them.
And it is not like that feature fixes all Ai issues in rf2 ether.
Since most modern sims focus on online leagues in order to sell more dlc's I do not feel the old Simbin sims has fallen behind the modern sims on AI behavior maybe more like the modern sims gets worse and worse Ai as new cars are introduced.

Thanks for the info Bjarne. It certainly is no panacea to fix AI issues, but thought it might be a tool to help with that particular AI bug in SimBin sims. Oh well!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.4%