Suzuki to leave MotoGP

MotoGP really needs to reform to get all the big brands on board again.
To be fair when I started watching in early 90's it was only 3 (Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda plus some privateers). Now it's 5 full works teams (sans Suzuki) Yamaha, Honda, KTM, Ducati, Aprilia and satellite team with various works support. Of Course as a Kawasaki nut I'd love to see them get back into MotoGp and as a Schwantz fan I'm really sad to see Suzuki go. But apart from BMW I don't know what other big bike brands can get into MGP.

Last edited:
Very sad news, indeed..
Any reason, said by Suzuki ?
Post covid situation has hit Suzuki hard, not selling enough of cars or bikes and have to cut costs. Although listening to BT sport presenters...they can't understand why Suzuki can't get a title sponsor to help out with running the team...Suzuki have more or less been financing the whole shebang themselves!

Last edited:
Post covid situation has hit Suzuki hard, not selling enough of cars or bikes and have to cut costs. Although listening to BT sport presenters...they can't understand why Suzuki can't get a title sponsor to help out with running the team...Suzuki have more or less been financing the whole shebang themselves!
Thank you, a lot for the a bit BAD news.. Hope there is a bright future
for the company to be able to come back in the spotlights for some
more bike racing..

Personally I dont understand the low interrest in watching MotoGP - both on telly and live.
I mean there are much more obvious dangerous action in MC racing than in as example F1.
And admit it or not but thats a big part of the reason watching motor racing.:cool:

But I guess its because almost everybody has a car while a lot fewer own and ride a bike(MC ofcourse).
And that could be the reason so few does care about this strange world of 2 wheel driving. :(

Personally I dont understand the low interrest in watching MotoGP - both on telly and live.
I mean there are much more obvious dangerous action in MC racing than in as example F1.
And admit it or not but thats a big part of the reason watching motor racing.:cool:

But I guess its because almost everybody has a car while a lot fewer own and ride a bike(MC ofcourse).
And that could be the reason so few does care about this strange world of 2 wheel driving. :(
Agreed, less bikers so less interest. The danger aspect is definitely higher, thankfully suit tech getting to a point where safety is increasing (doesn't help with IOM though), but for me it's the grace it's almost balletic the way bikes swoop into a corner and seeing the riders work so hard to control their bikes (unlike cars which is just the head and hand movements (without foot well cameras). Then you have the fact they are balancing these beasts on the thinest razors edge of tiny (compared to cars) contact patches. I find it strange that for environmental reasons bikes aren't pushed more. I see LOADs of single occupant cars....and even hooning around everywhere on my Supersports I could easily get 40+mpg (doing speeds a car would be doing single digits). Less resources needed to make them too. Then again all it needs is some popular Tik Tok person to starty raveing about Moto GP and it'll gain instant success....strange world we live in.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.