Strange Open Wheel Problem

I've got this issue that seems to have only manifested itself since the last patch.
Basically I've now got this 1 Second pause, stutter or hitch. Whatever you'd choose to describe it, using only Open Wheel racers.
Tin Top racers are fine, smooth and 60 frames and no drops.
I've done the usual to maintain framerates. FPS is locked, v-sync is on. Shadows not at Max and time scale off. The usual stuff.
My framerates have been glorious up to this recent patch really.
If I race a Tin Top (choose any) at a specific track then the FPS is smooth, Locked at 60.
If I choose an open wheeler with the same track the FPS is still locked at 60 but there is this 1 second stutter, then smooth for 1 second then another 1 second stutter. this happens no matter the size of the grid.
I'm think extra parameters are added to the open wheelers the tin tops don't have.
It's driving (sic) me mad as everything was fine.
I'm on Steam by the way so no chance to revert thanks to Steams awful patch delivery system.
Anybody having this, I'd love to resolve it?

I'm having a similar problem, maybe not that bad but it's still there. Someone suggested a guide, but the usual things to do are what you have already done.
It's quite annoying, just hope AMS does not suffer from this problem...

I think this problem is beyond the internet. Was hoping Reiza could answer as I thought this was the official forum.
It's got nothing at all to do with how graphics are configured or how the system is operated.
It's too systematic a stutter.
When you can run a grid of 30+ Tin Tops on a track and it's locked at 60 frames with zero drops
but the same track with say a grid of 10 F-Vee open wheelers produces this on-off-on-off-on-off stutter
It has to be an engine issue that was recently introduced.
I've tested all cars and the only open wheel that has been ok is F3

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea