Start car after pitstop

So, after some time, and because my other computer is in for repairs, I put up GTR2 again. I'm stuck with a little problem that some cars just won't restart after a pitstop. I have to shut them down for refueling.
I remember that some cars don't have an onboard starter but that it should be possible to change that in the files. But I can't figure out what variable I have to change. Even the cars that have OnboardStarter=1 in the .eng file won't re-start after turning the engine off.
Am I missing something ? Would appreciate some help.

Multiple cars/mods. And , like I said, trying to start the car after a refueling in the pits or if you spin and don't press the clutch and the engine dies. So in general, there are cars that can be started through the assigned buttons/keys and some that can't.

What's the deciding value in any of the related car files to determine if a car can be re-started or not ?

Multiple cars/mods. And , like I said, trying to start the car after a refueling in the pits or if you spin and don't press the clutch and the engine dies. So in general, there are cars that can be started through the assigned buttons/keys and some that can't.

What's the deciding value in any of the related car files to determine if a car can be re-started or not ?

I would have to get on other tower.

Last edited:
It's this line in the .eng files:

StarterTiming=(1.4, 0.4, 1.5) // average and variable cranking time, then time to blend with starting sound

If I remember correctly, the values needs to match the sounds in order to be able to start a car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.