Sound problems.. Again.

So I noticed that I cannot hear any transmission whine while driving normally, facing forward I mean. However, when looking rearward I hear sounds as they should be. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Ive tried a TON of different cars and its the same thing with every single one that has a prevalent transmission whine. Wth? I can post a video if it helps. Thanks!

Quite the stumper I assume? So Ive kinda made some progress here.
If I mess with my windows sound settings and change the (bitrate is it called?) to 32 channel/192000hz (I know nothing about this stuff and probably just butchered those values) ..

Anyway, if I mess with that I can get my trans whine back BUT my bass shakers quit working.

Im thinking thats too high-fi (again, I dont know terms) for the receiver I use to pick up the signals?

However, I used to use this same receiver as my audio output device and I could use the 32/192k to play sound so could the problem lie in my pucks? I just use the cheap ebay Dayton ones.

As always, any thoughts/ideas/suggestions are very much appreciated!

Giving this a bump. Wondering if anyone has anything? Ive tried some really good speakers and have ruled out the quality of speakers.

Ive narrowed it down a little. I can raise the sound quality in windows settings and get the trans sound back but then I lose tactile.

Anything?

Yea its simhub and at the moment I use windows default but ive tried two different soundcards which both give the same results. So I assume you probably know a bit more than me on this so im going to experiment after swapping some sound cards around. I didnt look too far into it when I DID have the sound cards in.

The thing I dont understand is why the trans whine works when looking rearward. Something with rear speakers (which I dont have) maybe? Shouldnt "virtual surround" fix that issue?

..Ill try the sound cards and report back. Thanks for the help.

You have not described your configuration.
What software drives the pucks?
If using SimHub, it wants a sound card different from Windows' default.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.