So, has the Ai improved?

Hi all. With the sale on, I was toying with topping up my RRE content. I've not played for a couple of years having uninstalled the sim.
I see people saying the AI is good, but in my experience, they seemed to crash a lot on some circuits, e.g into the pitwall at Nurburgring. Has this situation improved at all in the last couple of years?

I've only just returned back to RRE from a long break (6 years) and I recently found 2 tracks (Watkins Glen & Suzuka) where there was a guaranteed pile-up on lap 1 turn 1 EVERY single time of starting a race. I think they were maybe riding kerbs too much and unsettling their cars. This really put me off buying anything in the sale, but I've very recently raced around Donington, Brands Hatch, Interlagos, Imola, Road America and Sonoma and no incidents / bad AI to report, plus I had some great & close racing with them. They were sometimes slow at 100% speed (I went from 20th to 3rd in one lap of Raceroom Raceway) but their speed can also be a bit inconsistent as winning around Doningtom was a proper challenge. There were a very small few corners generally where they were quite a fair bit too slow and I had to be mindful of not rear-ending them, but I think that their speed can simply be upped or use adaptive AI (presuming that's still there). I bought the Premium Pack today and have no regrets now. It's definitely worth reinstalling and giving it another go as RRE has reclaimed a very high place in my simracing order!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea