slowwhenpushed=1.00 ???

For some reason, I never noticed before. This Line is not in some of the original Simbin Tracks for Race07?
I Have tested it with my GTL to Race07 mod and It definitely seems that if the line is not in the AIW then the game defaults to a value of 1.00. And the AI will if they get bumped by another AI from behind, slow down.
I now check if tracks I am messing around with have this line in the AIW. Under the [Waypoint] heading I put slowwhenpushed=0.00

There are two other lines that are not in all tracks that I should also check.
AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)
and
SpeedOffset=0.000000

For some reason, I never noticed before. This Line is not in some of the original Simbin Tracks for Race07?
I Have tested it with my GTL to Race07 .... I put slowwhenpushed=0.00..
I'm thinking you're on to something big here. .. and what could happen to AI with GTL-mod on the old and new Road Atlanda vs. an org Simbin track , with these new findings..

I experimented with Slowwhenpushed some years ago with GTR2.

As you know, if you get behind another car, fine. But if you get right up on its bumper, even in a straight line, it will hit the brakes. A setting of 1.00 means they use full braking and 0.00 means they don't brake.

What i found with 0.00 is that large fields were chaotic. There were situations where ai cars needed to respond to each other but couldn't. If you find the same thing try 0.2 - 0.25. They can still respond by braking but less aggressively.

Also, with the line, AIDraftStickiness=(1.0000) at default the ai will tend to stick to the racing line when drafting rather than moving out for an overtake. Lowering this a little to 0.90 - 0.97, the ai will tend to be a little less regimented about sticking to the racing line in those situations. Play with the values, see what works for you.

I do get the feeling that if somebody had gone through it and adjusted all of those default values where needed, GTR2 could have been way more awesome.

The only other line i used to lower was AITorqueStab=(1.00, 1.00, 1.00) in the .HDC files. It relates to the way ai go through turns. I found that lowering the last two numbers a little made the ai smoother through turns, less of the brake, brake, brake...

The .HDC is coded in R07 if i recall so this probably isn't any help i'm afraid.

Thanks, Bob I never thought Slowwhenpushed could be a decimal, I figured it was either on or off, and your definition of Aidraftstickyness is different from what I presumed it meant. Every little bit of information is helping us to better understand Cheers!

Thanks, Bob I never thought Slowwhenpushed could be a decimal, I figured it was either on or off, and your definition of Aidraftstickyness is different from what I presumed it meant. Every little bit of information is helping us to better understand Cheers!
I know that the line "AISpec=(0.0000,0.0000,1.0000,0.0000)" affects the behavior of AI's as well, as does the "Worst/Mid/BestAdjust" adjustment, but I don't know how these adjustments are related to this "slowwhenpushed" . Thank you Bob Gnarley! I didn't know anything about this adjustment.

Adding the line AIDraftStickiness=(0.97) to the AIW appears to work as described. I have tested with the Lotus Cortina mod which normally is bad for AI making weird decisions during the braking zone of a corner. They will swerve in front of you while you try to overtake under braking, and swerve back and forth under breaking almost as if they cannot decide whether to try a dive bomb or not. Adding this line tidied that right up.
Seems this is another command that has a default value if the line is not in the AIW and adding the line allows it to be adjusted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back