Situation at sim-pli.city

Hello everybody,

I've been a fairly happy user of a sim-pli.city SW20 V3 wheelbase but updates have been few and far between. I've asked about updates a couple of times in their official forum but have never gotten a reply. I also asked their support via email but haven't gotten a reply. So I am a bit worried about the state of sim-pli.city and the support on their products. I have also asked them if it would be possible to run alternative firmware on their controller or if they were willing to release the sources. Both of which, you guessed it, have gone unanswered.

Does anybody know anything?

Regards,

Arjan

Im in the same position as you. They produced a great product and yet support has seemed to just stop. Only a mater of time before sims stop working with this hardware which is a shame as its as good as anything currently out there.

Looks like the support is gone, i had a browse of their forums and there are some replies from the dev earlier this year but nothing substation or to address the absense of firmware updates for 2 years. They seem to have ceased production of the hardware so it seems like this is the end of the line for product support.

Again, it's a shame as it's a very good product in my opinion. i'm a happy owner of a sw10c+ and it has performed flawlessly for years. hopefully someone can come up with some alt firmware like you said.

Why do you want updates?

My SW10C+ works fine and don't need updates.

It's the best dd i had, and i tried many.

There is a SW20 V4 with controller embeded available AFK.

I plan to buy it.

Last edited:
Im in the same position as you. They produced a great product and yet support has seemed to just stop. Only a mater of time before sims stop working with this hardware which is a shame as its as good as anything currently out there.
Sims work here for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want updates?

My SW10C+ works fine and don't need updates.

It's the best dd i had, and i tried many.

There is a SW20 V4 with controller embeded available AFK.

I plan to buy it.

For several reasons; their software is unsigned which, from a security standpoint is not ideal. Some games (like the most recent WRC) already needs a manual change to a config file. This will get worse over time. There are no advances in the software, it won't improve. There's always something to improve. Better compatibility (with future games), improved force feedback algorithms, bugs that need to be fixed (there's always bugs), optimizations, and so on.

I agree that the hardware is fine, I still love my Sw20 V3 and it still works good, but what happens when a game comes out that is not supported by the wheel? Then you'd like Sim-plicity to come with updates. I hope that they'll ship the V4 bases and pick things up from there. But they've been completely silent, even in their own forum and that worries me.

Arjan

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea