Single BKE-LFE seat mounted for only engine vibration and gear change is fun

Edit: Links broken so uploaded them to imgur album.

I enjoy a strong engine vibration and gear change thuds and is the configuration I've settled for. This may answer the questions I had before I began experimenting, though I have no idea what I'm doing so any suggestions very welcome!

Idle Engine Vibration

View attachment 573671

Hardware list for mount:

The lower back padding is removable so fortunately no drilling through visible fabric.
View attachment 573679

I marked the holes on the inside of the chair and drilled 4 holes.
View attachment 573674

Required some spacers to get an event mount for all 4 corners.
View attachment 573675

I can't feel these flat heads through the back padding so haven't bothered to get flat bolts.
View attachment 573681

For isolation there's 8x M8 bobbins. The frame does not shake or rock as with other configurations where the LFE was mounted to the lower frame and sideways. Or when the seat was higher. This feels good.
View attachment 573682

Amp software, out of the box I feel under 40hz is strong with this setup. Above 40hz the punch softens a lot so I've tried to boost it so it feels more natural as it revs out.
View attachment 573683

Simhub. These are the only two effects enabled. Adding a third makes it feel muddy.
View attachment 573684

This setup rattles my VR headset off my face if not on tight. It can be pretty hard to see at idle, probably not good for brain.

Last edited:
Hey, I just got a LFE and the iNuke 3000D (prior version to your NX). Was there any setting needed to get the amp to accept single/pure tone sounds? I can't get mine to react to Simhub, or browser based tone generators. But movies on YouTube work fine for some reason.

Hey, I just got a LFE and the iNuke 3000D (prior version to your NX). Was there any setting needed to get the amp to accept single/pure tone sounds? I can't get mine to react to Simhub, or browser based tone generators. But movies on YouTube work fine for some reason.
There is nothing that you should need to do, i can only assume that you are not outputting the signal on to the correct channel and that it is working on youtube because youtube might be outputting to multiple channels if you were playing something with a multichannel mix.

I'll try the full range of channels. I was thinking something similar before so that's why I even tried taking the signal from the amp of the currently working shakers and plugging them into the iNuke. Nothing

After finding youtube worked with a movie I brought up a tone sweep video without changing anything. But the tone sweep didn't register with the iNuke, so I tried the movie again and it's fine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.