Singapore weather forecast

It was absolutely cool! thx mate!

It was good that the fore cast wasn't too exact. For example i expected it to dry in the second half of the race, but it didn't...

I too think the weather worked very well! However, from my point of view (as a driver), there is one small thing I would suggest adjusting (people might not agree with me here):

Noone knew exactly how to interpret the forecast (this is good), but most guys "knew" a few days prior to race that it would be wet. Over a 2 weeks period everybody should have time to put in some practice to become competitive, but when information about almost certain rain reach us a few days before race the difference in time people have to practice for the new scenario grows bigger.

I think that if the forecast that arrives several days-1 week prior to the race (forecast one) is less accurate (eg. one cannot rely on wet weather based on this forecast, only a possibillity) then it would make less sense to practice this a lot (for those who have the time). I think that the second forecast should be released no earlier than 24 hours before the race, and this forecast should not be able to say 100% certain that it will be rain, but obviously can be more certain than the first forecast.

To sum up, forecast one should not be able to predict with more than max 50% certainty and the second forecast should not be able to predict with more than maybe 70-80% certainty (and should be releaed shortly before the race).

As an example, everybody seemed to expect rain in the real f1 singapore race, but come race day it was no rain at all in the race :) Too bad for those who had practiced a lot of wet racing in their simulator :)

This is my personal opinion, not worth more than the next guys :)

All that being said, I think our wet weather at Singapore was by far our best attempt to have custom weather in the league. (earlier attempts with weather files that everybody practiced with is worthless compared to this I think).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.