Simucube USB ports for 3rd party wheel/pedals?

I am currently thinking about purchasing a DD wheel system and I have been looking at the Simucube.
I noticed in the various review videos that there are not any USB ports on the Simucube to plug in a 3rd Party Wheel, pedals, shifter, etc - is this the case? So I assume you just have to run a USB cable directly from the wheel to the PC along with any other peripherals?

Thanks for any insight into how you are connecting 3rd party devices to the Simucube.

The Simucube2 doesn't have a hub like the Fanatec DD has for example. Since there is no ecosystem from the manufacturer (pedals, shifters, handbrakes,...) it makes sense not to do a hub to some extent. There is a Sub-connector, which can be used for some accessories. Not delved into details though, better to search for answers on the Simucube2 forum.
Looking at my setup I do not see a reason to connect my pedals to the wheel base to be honest. If you're thinking about having not enough USB-connections on your computer....I use a 7way powered USB-hub.

Upvote 0
There is an accessory port (not USB) to connect analog and digital inputs to, though. You can see more on the Simucube Wiki.

The Simucube 2 has a similar port, please visit the relevant section for its pin-configuration.

Upvote 0
The Simucube2 doesn't have a hub like the Fanatec DD has for example. Since there is no ecosystem from the manufacturer (pedals, shifters, handbrakes,...) it makes sense not to do a hub to some extent. There is a Sub-connector, which can be used for some accessories. Not delved into details though, better to search for answers on the Simucube2 forum.
Looking at my setup I do not see a reason to connect my pedals to the wheel base to be honest. If you're thinking about having not enough USB-connections on your computer....I use a 7way powered USB-hub.
With pedals like the HEultimates which on have a pollin g rate of 250hz when plugged directly into the base they have 1000hz polling rate and resolution goes from 12bit to 16bit. People are making mods for HE pedals now. Sorry such an old post but for anyone else who is researching as I am

Upvote 0
Before going to that effort, I have the SC2 Pro, Ultimate+ pedals, PSE GT3 wheel, D-Box Gen5, 64input Bodnar board button box, Pro-Sim H pattern, HE Handbrake, HE Sequential shift, and StreamDeck plugged into this USB Hub and it has given me no issues at all. Everything works beautifully and has for a while now. I had an NLRv3 in place of the D-Box for years and never an issue.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies