Simucube 2 Pro Wireless Question

This is my first post and I have searched the internet far and wide without finding the answers that I long for, much like Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. I'm wanting to purchase a new SimuCube 2 Pro wheel base. So far I understand there's no SimuCube ecosystem, it's wireless and only uses wireless wheels. But I've seen on several online stores they have compatible wired wheels for the SimuCube 2 Pro. Does the SimuCube 2 Pro also allow USB? I've read that wireless wheel bases have a small limit of wheel commands compared to wired wheel bases. Wireless is not a deal breaker, but I'd like to have more wheel options in the future.

This is my first post and I have searched the internet far and wide without finding the answers that I long for, much like Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. I'm wanting to purchase a new SimuCube 2 Pro wheel base. So far I understand there's no SimuCube ecosystem, it's wireless and only uses wireless wheels. But I've seen on several online stores they have compatible wired wheels for the SimuCube 2 Pro. Does the SimuCube 2 Pro also allow USB? I've read that wireless wheel bases have a small limit of wheel commands compared to wired wheel bases. Wireless is not a deal breaker, but I'd like to have more wheel options in the future.

The Simucube doesn't have any onboard USB ports but you can still use any hard wired USB wheel that suits your needs. You'll just plug that into your PC or USB hub and you are good to go.

I believe the current crop of Simucube 2 wireless wheels are limited to 28 inputs whereas the V2 version will be capable of 96 inputs so if you currently need more than the 28, you'll have to go with a wired wheel.

The Simucube doesn't have any onboard USB ports but you can still use any hard wired USB wheel that suits your needs. You'll just plug that into your PC or USB hub and you are good to go.

I believe the current crop of Simucube 2 wireless wheels are limited to 28 inputs whereas the V2 version will be capable of 96 inputs so if you currently need more than the 28, you'll have to go with a wired wheel.
Okay thanks for the clarification. I was on SimuCube home website and Trak Racer website, nowhere does it mention V2 or R2 version on either site. Can I assume any sim racing store that carry the SimuCube 2 Pro are V2 versions? SimRacingBay does note that the SimuCube 2 Pro is R2 Next Generation.

The R2/V2 markers refer to the redesigned unit with only one power supply (instead of two as in the original) and a better, external antenna. Both support 128 inputs, AFAIK. The "issues" with wireless rims are the lack of support for analog inputs (like on-wheel clutches) and that they use batteries. @EsxPaul was talking about Simucube 1 and 2 wireless modules. All Simucubes sold today (and for the last 1.5 years) are V2 models. I have a Sc2 Pro and I'm very pleased with it. I use USB connected wheels with it.

Edit: As long as the bolt-pattern of the wheel-side QR adapter fits, all USB wired wheels are compatible with Simucube 2.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

R2 and R1 both come with the same external antenna, only first batch or two of R1 missed one.
Information on the new wireless wheel module that was promised, was in work for ages.

Old - 28 inputs
New - 98 with 4 analogue axes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I assume any sim racing store that carry the SimuCube 2 Pro are V2 versions?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I mentioned V1 or V2, I was referring to the versions of the Simucube wireless modules rather than the wheelbases themselves.

The wheelbases are referred to as R1 and R2 and have no bearing on which type of wheel you can use with them. Any wheelbase you purchase now will definitely be the revised R2 version.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 75 58.6%