Physics Sim Dream vs RSS F1 2022

Everyone but litteraly everyone is talking good about RSS compared to sim dream..

Let's talk about downforce and sensation of having the car being glued onto the ground, RSS here is a almost a joke, it just feels like a super light gt car to be excessive, you can't feel the downforce you should feel at some high speeds, the throttle inputs are awfull there is really bad traction even on RSS F1 2021 models compared to SDD 2021 or iracing W12, the gap on RSS in term of grip and taking some kerbs without praying is too much in my opinion it doesnt feel right, im aware 2022 F1 cars are heavier with less down force but the car shouldnt feel like a boat. On spa taking eau rouge with both RSS model almost feels like a challenge, i find their mod average not great to be honest. Ive heard about ACFL mods are they betther than both ? Tell me what you guys think please thank you !

• Deleted member 223075

the completed pack of RSS Physics swaps for all 10 of the Simdream F1 2022

I still don't understand why if RSS is so crap, people still continue to use their physic to poor Scamdream mods....

Also as everyone already said "if you don't like it, don't use it"

For my side : except if you' enginer/develloper, f1 driver... how can you know how RSS physic is good or not ? And don't compare with other games as it's not the same physic, not the same game engine, not the same way of doing vehicle physic etc...

Everyone but litteraly everyone is talking good about RSS compared to sim dream..

Let's talk about downforce and sensation of having the car being glued onto the ground, RSS here is a almost a joke, it just feels like a super light gt car to be excessive, you can't feel the downforce you should feel at some high speeds, the throttle inputs are awfull there is really bad traction even on RSS F1 2021 models compared to SDD 2021 or iracing W12, the gap on RSS in term of grip and taking some kerbs without praying is too much in my opinion it doesnt feel right, im aware 2022 F1 cars are heavier with less down force but the car shouldnt feel like a boat. On spa taking eau rouge with both RSS model almost feels like a challenge, i find their mod average not great to be honest. Ive heard about ACFL mods are they betther than both ? Tell me what you guys think please thank you !
First of all, yes, no f1 driver as long as I am aware tested any of these mods, but I have seen a lot of great sim racers and real racers try rss and acfl, almost everyone said that rss is just so much more realistic and I trust them, but it also just makes sense if you have at least some knowledge of how cars behave in real life, you really wouldn't expect a super low, 1000hp, high downforce machine being as easy to drive as acfl mod makes it seem. Plus the lap times of rss are a lot closer to real life F1 lap times.

I still don't understand why if RSS is so crap, people still continue to use their physic to poor Scamdream mods....

Also as everyone already said "if you don't like it, don't use it"

For my side : except if you' enginer/develloper, f1 driver... how can you know how RSS physic is good or not ? And don't compare with other games as it's not the same physic, not the same game engine, not the same way of doing vehicle physic etc...

First of all, yes, no f1 driver as long as I am aware tested any of these mods, but I have seen a lot of great sim racers and real racers try rss and acfl, almost everyone said that rss is just so much more realistic and I trust them, but it also just makes sense if you have at least some knowledge of how cars behave in real life, you really wouldn't expect a super low, 1000hp, high downforce machine being as easy to drive as acfl mod makes it seem. Plus the lap times of rss are a lot closer to real life F1 lap times.
That is the actual problem, every hotlap guys that only trains that are usually 2sec faster on sim and its logic, you tell me that a guy with no gforce no helmet with perfect road condition, without porpoising, taking risk to brake later gets roughly the same laptime ? It doesnt make any sense. The laptimes are much more accurate when its faster. You can have a perfect top notch vision in sim, train all day without any consequence and still pull out the same laptime as IRL ? It makes 0 sense

Ofc iracing plays a big role in that, Mercedes gave the official enginering sheets to the dev, and most pro simracers say that it is as near as you would expect a F1 to behave irl. Why is the RSS 2021 going crazier than the W12 on iracing on highspeed corners and kerbs? Rss is at fault here in any case, no matter the game physics, when you play Sim dream mod it feels the closest of what you see on real onboard F1 or iracing. Maybe their final F1 2022 build will be perfect but for now its not the best F1 2022 mod so far to me.

Last edited:
That is the actual problem, every hotlap guys that only trains that are usually 2sec faster on sim and its logic, you tell me that a guy with no gforce no helmet with perfect road condition, without porpoising, taking risk to brake later gets roughly the same laptime ? It doesnt make any sense. The laptimes are much more accurate when its faster. You can have a perfect top notch vision in sim, train all day without any consequence and still pull out the same laptime as IRL ? It makes 0 sense

Ofc iracing plays a big role in that, Mercedes gave the official enginering sheets to the dev, and most pro simracers say that it is as near as you would expect a F1 to behave irl. Why is the RSS 2021 going crazier than the W12 on iracing on highspeed corners and kerbs? Rss is at fault here in any case, no matter the game physics, when you play Sim dream mod it feels the closest of what you see on real onboard F1 or iracing. Maybe their final F1 2022 build will be perfect but for now its not the best F1 2022 mod so far to me.
Sure, but you also need to remember that irl laptimes are set by literally one of the best current drivers in the world, so it kinda make sense that you can hardly reach those laptimes with rss.

I personally prefer ACFL over Simdream and RSS, on ACFL a really feel the downforcwcand the grip of the tires while 8n the other two I can't, also with ACFL I'm closer to pole lap time than the other 2 which i feel terribly slower compared to ACFL,so for my taste ACFL seems the best

I personally prefer ACFL over Simdream and RSS, on ACFL a really feel the downforcwcand the grip of the tires while 8n the other two I can't, also with ACFL I'm closer to pole lap time than the other 2 which i feel terribly slower compared to ACFL,so for my taste ACFL seems the best
Thanks alot for your feedback

so you can do close to or the same pole times as one o f the top 20 f1 drivers irl
??? Maybe the mod is not correct or you should be on the f1 track irl ?

Last edited:
so you can do close to or the same pole times as one o f the top 20 f1 drivers irl
??? Maybe the mod is not correct or you should be on the f1 track irl ?
Well Irl drivers risk their lives and do their times in one attempt, I don't risk my life and need hundreds of attempt to make a good lap

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.