Misc SHO Competition FFB for Race 07 V1 (Duplicate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shovas

Premium
Shovas submitted a new resource:

SHO Competition FFB for Race 07 - A Race 07 FFB Mod To Improve Force Feedback

SHO Competition FFB for Race 07 is a mod of various UserData\ControlSet Device.RCS file force feedback configuration parameters to achieve an improved, more modern force feedback feel.

*Please see "README SHO Competition FFB for Race 07.txt" in the download for helpful details on install/uninstall, tips, questions, known/open issues, testing notes, changes, and development notes.

Most of the work for this mod was actually done in the GTR2 SHO Competition FFB mod and this mod tweaked on top...

Read more about this resource...

I'm particularly proud of this mod, not so much because of my own ability, but because Race 07 actually feels so, so good when tuned properly.

Try taking the Matech-Ford GT1 out on the 24H Nurburgring. The feeling you get through the tires is a joy to drive:

^ 24H Nurburgring: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nordschleife-24-hour-layout.35393/

With a DD wheel, the feeling is surprisingly modern, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving it a try. If you tweak anything I can add your PLR to the mod. :)

There's some Tips for how to tweak the parameters based on a Question-and-Answer format. Link in the README.
I've dl'd it but grandson's taking over the pc, so tomorrow, since that's the last I'll get near it today:whistling:

Well managed a few goes set a new wheel profile and switched between them. Without doing any tinkering (apart from what you advised) I couldn't really say that I felt much difference, slightly more in braking with medium settings. Possibly more informative with formula cars than the tintops.
I've always like the vanilla FFB in Raceroom but I'll keep on it and try the settings up to high.
I suspect that it benefits better wheels than my old G25 and that others will get much more out of it.

It's very possible you already have an optimal experience. In GTR2, some with belt/gear wheels have said the SHO ffb is an improvement so I'm not sure if it's a similar situation with Race 07 or not.

Back when I had a G27 I always felt like Race 07 had a very dull, uninformative ffb (I later learned this was clipping). So much so that I never touched Race 07 again for years once I experienced other sims. I thought there was something wrong with it. It's only once I discovered the fix (eliminate clipping) with GTR2 that I was convinced to try Race 07 again. Same with my DD, btw, if I didn't tune it the way that I have I'd still get the dull ffb.

Do you like your current ffb settings in Race 07 compared to other sims?

If I knew if Race 07 was underachieving then that would mean there is a possibility it could be made better.

Do you like your current ffb settings in Race 07 compared to other sims?
I suppose I've gotten used to it over the years. I've left your settings as my default and will keep testing.
I tend to just accept that different sims will feel different and adjust to that, I'm always aware that it's a game and won't feel like real life driving.

The FFB feels pretty lackluster compared to GTR2, which is a bloody shame.
But I guess that's just a weird characteristic of R07, because even with some slightly tweaking that I've done myself, it got nowhere near to how GTR2 feels with my G29.

Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB for Race 07 with a new update entry:

V2 Released

I accidentally released v2 as a separate resource because I tried searching my resources and couldn't find my previous Race 07 FFB.

So here it is:

I'll be updating over there now.

I'll delete this resource if I can figure out how.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies