Shifter Mount for PC???

Hello,

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Thrustmaster t300 rs gt + T8HA shifter from my g25. The problem is that the Thrustmaster shifter is much bigger than the Logitech one and I don't think it will be very comfortable to have it on my desk. The cheap mounts that I found online are made for wheel + pedal too, but I only want a shifter mount, to get the shifter in a more realistic position(I hope this makes sense). Does anyone have any ideas of how I could make this work?

(I don't have a racing chassis, only an office chair, and a desk)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thats one solution (if your chair can hold it) but not sturdy with the clamp (it may seem sturdy but during driving, you push it too hard and the clamp loosens up). I also have just a desk and a chair, so what I did is I bought a cheap but very high quality desk leg support for a pc monitor (the brand makes extremely heavy duty products)

and i mounted it on my desk BUT upside down. Then on the standard vesa square mount (which is 10X10X10X10cm) I cut a piece of wood and made holes for TH8A according to what I designed (see plan), and finally I screwed the shifter on the wood.
I can tell you that it is amazing, doesnt move a mm, very sturdy and I am very happy (I spent hours of readjusting the clamp, and then it was loosening, and again and again...). PLus that you can set it in whatever height you like by adjusting the leg itself (with an allen key that comes with the box)

Finally I secured it with some plastic wraps, to avoid moving the whole leg when I push it!

Attachments

• th8a.png
    th8a.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200721_212128.jpg
    IMG_20200721_212128.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200721_212145~2.jpg
    IMG_20200721_212145~2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 0

Latest News