SFX-100 Monitor Mounting

Got a GT1 Evo cockpit and wondering if cockpit-mounted triple 32" monitors would be ok with an SFX-100, or if free-standing monitors are a necessity due to all the movement. Anyone got an SFX-100 and tried it with cockpit-mounted triple screens?

I think it depends on which controller and software are you using!

If using Arduino, I would NOT mount them onto the rig. The excessive vibration and shaking during crashes will damage or shorten the life of the monitors.

If using Thanos, then it may be ok since it has a crash filter to minimize / cut off motions when it exceeded certain speed / threshold. Most rig-mounted triples I've seen from user groups are using Thanos.

My 3 x 32" are currently on free standing. I've just switched to Thanos controller and fine tuning the crash filter, then plan to mount the monitors on the rig once I'm comfortable with it. VR is still my default so not a top priority for me at the moment.

Upvote 0
Rig-mounted 32" triples on my rig, using Thanos. Works great. I adapted the Simlab triple monitor mount. Great system, very stout. I'm able to hang a keyboard tray and mouse pad off each of the outer monitors.

yPusyan.jpg

Upvote 0
Rig-mounted 32" triples on my rig, using Thanos. Works great. I adapted the Simlab triple monitor mount. Great system, very stout. I'm able to hang a keyboard tray and mouse pad off each of the outer monitors.

Thanks and nice-looking rig!

What did you have to adapt on the Sim Lab mount?

Any views on free-standing vs rig-mounted screens with motion?

I'm not using Thanks, so guess I need to go free-standing?

Upvote 0
In general if you love really violent, wild and hard profiles, go for a monitor of the rig.

But if you are more into the softer and less super intensive profiles you will be fine with monitors on the rig. I have 49" samsung on the rig for about a year now without any problems.

However, i know that the SFX is capable of snapping of the tripples of that awesome rig of diablo2112 in less than a second, if you turn it up to the max. :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea