Sebring 1980's style Billboards

Skins Sebring 1980's style Billboards Final 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fred Basset submitted a new resource:

Sebring 1980's style Billboards - Sebring 1980's style Billboards

Sebring 1980's style Billboards, with rust and detail.
Due to the track the billboards are low res, and should be FPS friendly.

Just place skins folder in track folder, choose Sebring 1980's in CM.

Sebring track : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-international-raceway-rtb.13374/

Screenshot_drm_carma_sebring_rtb_v08_14-10-118-8-54-54_zps0ubhwwpy.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Is there any chance you would be doing this texture package for the actrackreboot version of the Sebring mod track? Although not scratch built but converted and updated it is currently the best version we have for Assetto Corsa and I would love to run the Gr.5 and Group C cars around a more contemporary skinned Sebring. Your texture pack does look great!

Sure i will take a look at it, i never even knew there was a AC version. Plus what other tracks could use the old 80's feel for Gr.5?
That's awesome!

There is a whole lot of tracks that could do with a 1980's feel of textures (although almost none of them actually are available in the exact proper layout and condition they were raced on back than unfortunately for AC).

Here is a quick rooster that comes to mind:

Road America,
Mid Ohio,
Road Atlanta (personal big favorite for the Gr.5 cars),
Laguna Seca,
Sonoma (actrackreboot),
Nurburgring GP (Kunos, too bad we do not have a proper layout before the entire first sector was redesigned for AC),
Spa (Kunos - same here - I miss the old bus stop. There is a late 1980's conversion around but it really lacks in quality what we are so used to from the excellent modern Kunos Spa),
Zandvoort,
Zolder (late, updated actrackreboot version is currently the best version for AC),
Monza,
Imola,
Mugello

I am not sure if there is actually a good quality Norisring track available ?

I am currently racing all of these as they are and it is a great experience (pretending to run a DRM Revival type of event in whatever the track condition comes in).
A 1980's advertisement vibe could really add some more warm fuzzy feeling to it ;-)

Ok, ive hit a sang. CM wont extract the files from the actrackreboot Sebring track, it hangs on K5 file then stops.
I need a Free program to extract DDS files from a track...can you help.?

Ok, ive hit a sang. CM wont extract the files from the actrackreboot Sebring track, it hangs on K5 file then stops.
I need a Free program to extract DDS files from a track...can you help.?
Here you go:

You can google QuickBMS - it is a free tool to unpack and repack Kunos KN5 files.
I just tested the Sebring.KN5 file in the actrackreboot Sebring folder and it unpacks it fine with this tool.

Here is a weblink:
https://acdriftingpro.com/files/file/18-assettocorsa-quickbms/

Follow these steps:
1) unzip quickbms.exe and assetto_corsa.bms into the Sebring track folder
2) create a new empty folder in the Sebring trackfolder for example "123"
3) double click quickbms.exe
4) select the assetto_corsa.bms script on the prompt
5) select the appropriate KN5 file to unpack on teh next prompt
6) select the folder to unpack into you have created earlier
7) unpack ;-)

Ok that download link is corrupt, it say 4.1mb size, all i am getting is a damaged 33kb file.
Also i was looking at the actrackreboot version, even without pulling it apart it look like their are a lot of copies of billboards which give you less variety, having 5 of the same boards in a row looks daft to me (end of straight) . What makes the ac version better? The guy who made the lights should do the same for this track.

Ok that download link is corrupt, it say 4.1mb size, all i am getting is a damaged 33kb file.
Also i was looking at the actrackreboot version, even without pulling it apart it look like their are a lot of copies of billboards which give you less variety, having 5 of the same boards in a row looks daft to me (end of straight) . What makes the ac version better? The guy who made the lights should do the same for this track.
If the link to the QuickBMS tool is corrupt you can just google it or find it on any major modding site. It is a well known standard tool to unpack/pack game files.

The actrackreboot Sebring version is currently the best we have for AC. It is MUCH better sorted in terms of performance and MUCH better sorted with textures and track details such as kerbs. The RTB version of Sebring with all due respect suffers heavily from being built with RTB with very strange FFB and shoddy matching of track elements (look at the gaps between track and kerbs for example). Textures are also not on modern standards.

The actrackreboot Sebring also due to it's overall better quality is supported by modders who create light configs, hence really good night time experience is already supported as track light configs are readily available.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.