seat and pedal height - angle dimensions?

I am starting with the build of a cockpit, so i want to keep it easy and simple.

I need dimensions on the height on the seat, the pedals height, and the angle that the knees should be bent into.

many thanks in advance guys.

cheers

Hi Ivan! :cool:

Errr, you have opened a can of worms here lol! I bet every reply to this will suggest a totally different set of mesuments!:tongue:

My advice, get some boxes, bits of wood, anything, and try and make a 'lash up' to TEST different hights etc. But to be honest, best bet is to build some adjustability into the design from the start!

Upvote 0
Depends on your main mode of racing Ivan.

Keep the following in mind when deciding what position to drive in;

Whether you prefer F1 racing over 'tin-tops'
Whether you want comfort over realistic driving position
Can it be used as an everyday PC (unless you have a seperate PC for this)
Whats best to easily get in and out of (unless you dont mind)

If you have kids, beware of 'pointy bits'. No matter how well you think you`ve hidden them, your kids will always find those pointy bits, usually with their heads.

Decide what style you want to go for, then maybe we can hook you up with the right dimensions :)

Upvote 0
i wanted more Go-Kart position, or something like wtcc cars has.. I was trying yesterday with some boxes, so i think i have the correct position i want.. i will draw something , and for the weekend i hope i will get it built.. i want to only lift up the pedals, to have the height set up, according to the seat height, to match some race car sitting position.

My computer is for everyday use, mostly i am desigining on it (photoshop, illustrator, corel) but it's often used for driving.. Thanks on the informations, you guys are always of help. Much appreciated.

ps I am planning on doing full race cockpit, i am now just waiting for appropriate amount of money to have in my pocket :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea